Pages (10):    1 6 7 8 9 10
Aprilis   12-07-2007, 12:52 AM
I'm sure there are thousands of bad movies but I am only going to name one's that I have seen or attempted to watch.

1. shock treatment - the rocky horror sequel
2. In a dark place - I cant believe anyone would give up their money so this movie could be made.
3. Rest stop - what the hell happened?
4. Jerry Maguire - I hate tom cruise and it pains me to watch any movie that he is in. but this movie I hate most of all. probably because so many people think it was a good movie. I mean he treated her like shit, she shouldnt have taken him back she should have told him to hit the road.
5. Epic movie
RichE   12-13-2007, 05:58 PM
"THE WAR OF THE WORLDS" starring Tom Cruise. The 'Big S' pussed out in his original plan to do the original novel for this crappy remake of the great George Pal classic (not to mention his almost Woody Allen phobic ridden storyline!). Waste!!!!

"THE CREEPING TERROR" boring b/w drive-in filler. Worse than anything Ed Wood could dream up.

Any T&A horror slasher flick starring Brinke Stevens, L. Qigley, Monique Gabrielle or any flesh for hire 'scream queen' (watch the History Channel instead!)

"KRAKATOA EAST OF JAVA" This has not only one of the worst films ever made but its possible the worst musical as well! If you are forced to watch, this drink first!!!! And I will even dare suggest hemlock!!!!!!!!!!
Kenji   12-13-2007, 07:31 PM
In previous post, I said "Pink Flamingo" is worst film, but I was wrong.

"Orgy of the Dead" is Top One Worst Movie ever!
Kenji   12-13-2007, 07:33 PM
RichE Wrote:Take my word on it-they are BAD!!!!
Here's another

"KING KONG VS GODZILLA" The U.S. version is pretty bad-look up the funny English subtitled copy of the Japanese original!

How funny is it? Big Grin
Aprilis   12-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Kenji Wrote:In previous post, I said "Pink Flamingo" is worst film, but I was wrong.

"Orgy of the Dead" is Top One Worst Movie ever!

I think 'pink flamingo' crossed the line with the diaper scene at the end.
wait ... it was the 'dancing sphincter' scene that went over the line ...
GeraldRice   12-14-2007, 10:42 AM
bkwormonthenet Wrote:
In no particular order until the last one:

Star Trek 5
Shark Attack 3: Megalodon
Species II
Species III

and the worst movie of ALL time...

HIGHLANDER II: The Quickening

Just to generate some controversy, I will also say that I really hated BLADE RUNNER.

And I'd like to recommend an INTENTIONALLY bad film made recently to look like an old film -- THE LOST SKELETON OF CADAVRA. This is a gem of a movie! I absolutely loved it and laughed like crazy at how it played on the old bad movies many of us grew up on!
LSoC will have a sequel. I haven't seen the first one, but I plan on it.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
GeraldRice   12-14-2007, 10:49 AM
RichE Wrote:"THE WAR OF THE WORLDS" starring Tom Cruise. The 'Big S' pussed out in his original plan to do the original novel for this crappy remake of the great George Pal classic (not to mention his almost Woody Allen phobic ridden storyline!). Waste!!!!

"THE CREEPING TERROR" boring b/w drive-in filler. Worse than anything Ed Wood could dream up.

Any T&A horror slasher flick starring Brinke Stevens, L. Qigley, Monique Gabrielle or any flesh for hire 'scream queen' (watch the History Channel instead!)

"KRAKATOA EAST OF JAVA" This has not only one of the worst films ever made but its possible the worst musical as well! If you are forced to watch, this drink first!!!! And I will even dare suggest hemlock!!!!!!!!!!

You sir, are out of line! Monique Gabrielle was a fine actress. Evil Toons was skipped over by the Academy (at least so far as a teenaged boy was concerned).

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Dave   12-14-2007, 11:14 AM
RichE Wrote:"THE WAR OF THE WORLDS" starring Tom Cruise. The 'Big S' pussed out in his original plan to do the original novel for this crappy remake of the great George Pal classic (not to mention his almost Woody Allen phobic ridden storyline!). Waste!!!!
I have to disagree with this. The film Spielberg made was a modern interpretation of the novel, not an update to the George Pal movie.

When you compare scene for scene you get a very close mirror to what HG Wells wrote; crowds going berserk, attack on the river, battle on the hill, trapped in the basement. He condensed the experience to one character rather than two (most of the action in the novel happened to the narrator's brother), and added the kiddie factor (which is just Spielberg).

I quite liked the film, but it disappointed on two levels. The first because he remained too faithful to the novel and kept the ending, which was innovative then, but rather anti-climatic now. The second was the family reunion at the end, seriously misjudged Hollywood pap.

The 'how they got here' factor was also a bit hokkum, but that it just a mcguffin.

Aside from that, I think it was a good adaptation of the book.

Dave
Pages (10):    1 6 7 8 9 10