Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
RichE   07-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Actually my wife likes The Stooges-esp. Shemp-and when I find THE BOWERY BOYS we are both glued to the tube!
Here's some titles:
THE CRAWLING EYE, INVASION OF THE STAR CREATURES, BELA LUGOSI MEETS A BROOKLYN GORILLA, Any Cheap Monster Flick.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-09-2007, 03:18 PM
RichE Wrote:Actually my wife likes The Stooges-esp. Shemp-and when I find THE BOWERY BOYS we are both glued to the tube!
Here's some titles:
THE CRAWLING EYE, INVASION OF THE STAR CREATURES, BELA LUGOSI MEETS A BROOKLYN GORILLA, Any Cheap Monster Flick.

Your wife likes the Stooges, Rich?

She =really= loves you, man!:p
BK Akitas   07-10-2007, 04:55 AM
The Bowery Boys? Oh my stars n garters- I haven't seen one of those in 25 years. My one brother used to let me stay up late (he'd motion me to duck under the dining room table if our mother was on her way out of her room, if it was dad he pretended not to see me). Loved 'em. Stooges too, absolute genius. I sing the Alphabet song to the dogs while we're inthe ring, it's funny and the sound of it gives them good expression for the judge. Had one comment on it once, he laughed and said he hadn't heard it in a long time.
Got my ex into this discussion and here's what we came up with:

Buckaroo Bonzai "Laugha while you canna Monkey Boy!"
The Sword and the Sorcerer
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Scary Movie the first was the best
Plan 9 From Outer Space
Death Race 2000 "A Good Hit! A CLEAN Hit!"
Amazon Women On The Moon I LOVE this one

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
bones weep tedium   07-10-2007, 05:27 AM
phoenix rising Wrote:hmmmm low brow.... my hubby knows not why I love Rocky Horror Picture Show, he thinks it is utterly stupid, but then he also doesn't get why I love Pink Floyd The Wall either....... Of course he is also the one who refuses to do classic films, (I love Arsenic and Old Lace)

Have you ever seen Kind Hearts And Coronets?

Probably one of my favourite classic movies. I heartily reccommend it if you really like good movies.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
bones weep tedium   07-10-2007, 05:32 AM
Auskar Wrote:How could we forget Escape From New York? For a guy that once made good entertaining movies, John Carpenter somewhere went wrong.

Assault On Precinct 13
Halloween
Escape From New York
The Thing

All such good films. I think he started going a bit off the wall with Big Trouble In Little China, but like many I first saw it as a kid and absolutely loved it!

Have you ever seen Ghosts Of Mars, or Vampires? Absolutley dreadful movies, you really wouldnt know they'd been done by the same person! What on earth went wronf with him?

(TRIVIA: JC and I share the same birthday)

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Dave   07-10-2007, 08:46 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:(TRIVIA: JC and I share the same birthday)
25th December? Wink

Dave
Ken Valentine   07-10-2007, 09:32 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:Have you ever seen Kind Hearts And Coronets?

Probably one of my favourite classic movies. I heartily reccommend it if you really like good movies.

Haven't seen it in quite a long time. Of course I like just about anything with Alec Guinness in it. In this movie he played eight people.

Ken V.
phoenix rising   07-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Hmmm have to check that one out..... The Lost Boys is a favorite of mine, along with, some classic westerns such as My Name is Nobody, Trinity is still my name, The Villain, TwoMules For Sister Sarah. Of course Play Misty For Me and Misery are always good Smile Now getting into the Television part. I like British Comedies such as Red Dwarf, Fawltey Towers,Are You Being Served, Monty Python's Flying Circus, The Black Adder, and so forth.
BK Akitas   07-10-2007, 02:35 PM
I forgot to add:

Love At First Bite ( I can't stop laughing)
Zorro, The Gay Blade (try finding THAT on DVD!)
The Fiendish Plot of Dr Fu Manchu
and one of my all time faves (how could I forget???)
The Abominable Dr Phibes (I think SAW took several ideas from this)
This post was last modified: 07-11-2007, 06:18 PM by BK Akitas.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Keith the Elder   07-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Theater of Blood with Vincent Price, Diana Rigg

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5