Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
Auskar   07-06-2007, 08:55 PM
webby Wrote:Demolition Man - Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes
Desperado - Antonio Banderas (hey, it's Antonio!)
Demolition Man certainly had its moments. "All restaurants are Taco Bell," and Desperado is just a great movie, period.

Since you mention Last Action Hero, which I actually liked, too -- I have to mention another similar movie that got slammed, but I really like.

Hudson Hawk.
This post was last modified: 07-06-2007, 11:12 PM by Auskar.
jacobm   07-07-2007, 11:33 PM
I get some serious-you should be evaluated-looks when i tell people that two of my favorite movies are "Booty Call" (Jamie Foxx-old school) and "Big Trouble in Little China"
phoenix rising   07-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Oh I love Top Secret, and Real Genius!! (of course I love Val Kilmer so...) In Real Genius, just about everything said and done was comedy gold!! I must say in Top Secret watching all the beach movie musicals being made fun of killed me!!! It took so much to keep breathing through the laughter!!!
Auskar   07-08-2007, 04:00 AM
jacobm Wrote:I get some serious-you should be evaluated-looks when i tell people that two of my favorite movies are "Booty Call" (Jamie Foxx-old school) and "Big Trouble in Little China"
A lot of people on my other forum really love Big Trouble in Little China.
Kenji   07-08-2007, 04:16 AM
Auskar Wrote:A lot of people on my other forum really love Big Trouble in Little China.

Ditto. I think everybody loves "Big Trouble in Little China".

But JC's best movie is "Escape From New York".
Auskar   07-08-2007, 04:23 AM
Kenji Wrote:Ditto. I think everybody loves "Big Trouble in Little China". But JC's best movie is "Escape From New York".
How could we forget Escape From New York? For a guy that once made good entertaining movies, John Carpenter somewhere went wrong.
Kenji   07-08-2007, 06:12 AM
Auskar Wrote:How could we forget Escape From New York? For a guy that once made good entertaining movies, John Carpenter somewhere went wrong.

No, he went wrong not at all. But "Village of the Damned" was not good. I prefer original. B/W film had good effect for children's creepy eyes.
Kenji   07-08-2007, 06:53 AM
webby Wrote:Demolition Man - Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes
Desperado - Antonio Banderas (hey, it's Antonio!)

Oh, I remember when I first heard about "Demolition Man". At first, I thought it's based on novel by Alfred Bester, my favorite Sci-Fi novel. Yeah, my mistake. :o
phoenix rising   07-09-2007, 11:11 AM
It is amazing the things that get tured into cult classics. Some very good low brow stuff out there that people call cheesy and so stupid its funny and so forth. I really loved Blade Runner and Battlefield Earth.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-09-2007, 11:35 AM
RichE Wrote:My wife calls it a "Male Thing"-the getting off of repeated watching of The Three Stooges or The Bowery Boys-but I stand tall and proud as a lover of Low Brow Cinema.
Name your favorite films and tell of your wives/husbands/families/friends reactions!

Funny you should bring that up, Rich. Awhile back I started a thread, FOR MEN ONLY! (which guaranteed =everybody= would read it) asking, "Guys, have you ever--and I mean =ever= --known a woman who appreciated the Stooges?" Paul replied, with the insight of a physician and man of science, it could never happen. You need XY chromosomes to like the Stooges. And last month, my old high school buddy Bob Arvanitis' little guy Zachary had his 9th birthday. Nothing would do but to give him a Stooges' DVD box set. Bob and Zach and I sat roaring at the chaos. "Look, Daddy! Look, Uncle Mike! Moe is twisting Curly's nose with pliers!" Bob's wife Celeste had one comment: "Men are beasts."
This post was last modified: 07-09-2007, 03:14 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5