Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Marc   01-06-2008, 05:28 AM
I was just talking to Dave about this. Francine and I are planning to go to the UK in Sept. so maybe a GU6 there isn't out of the question. Could be a lot of fun.
Dave F   01-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:Sweetie & I plan to be in the UK for 2 weeks in September and would love to get together with any board members during our visit. The only limiting factor at this time is that we must depart the UK on Sept 26 (work, dontcha' know).

Wish List of Things to do:
Hadrian's Wall
Stonehenge
Dapol's Doctor Who Experience (Which closed, I learned today)
Abbey Road
Ride the "Ferry 'cross the Mersey" (if said ferry still exists)
Portmeirion
Bobbies on bicycles two by two, Westminster Abbey, The Town's Big Ben, Rosy Red cheeks of the little children
Ghost Walks (do cities in the UK have evening strolls through their haunted histories like some US cities do, we try to do this every where we go)
and Others

Re ghost walks yes most historic cities do them, York certainly does

When you do stonehenge can recommend some other ancient sites nearby.

Also for stonehenge try to arrange special access, otherwise you just wander around the stones behind a rope - can't get near them. They do special access visits early morning & late evening for about $30. With these they allow a small group (about 15 people) actual access to the stones.

If you are doing Hardrians wall I would add Lake District on your way to it.

If you have any interest in history / arms & armor I could recommend the Leeds armouries. An excellent collection of arms & armor through the years (including some armor actually worn by Henry VIII for jousting)

Any help wanted on ancient sites (I have visited most of the main ones in England except the Rollrights) or the North in general please feel free to ask

If you need a guide for any of these I would be happy to help

The artist formally known as Britfan
mkmfpwfan   01-06-2008, 07:55 AM
How about Tehran in the fall if Klinton gets in .........lol
Weatherford   01-06-2008, 08:30 AM
If you are going to the SE - the ghostwalk in Canterbury was REALLY BAD!!! Sad
IanSF   01-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:Sweetie & I plan to be in the UK for 2 weeks in September and would love to get together with any board members during our visit. The only limiting factor at this time is that we must depart the UK on Sept 26 (work, dontcha' know).

Wish List of Things to do:
Ghost Walks (do cities in the UK have evening strolls through their haunted histories like some US cities do, we try to do this every where we go)
and Others

http://www.london-ghost-walk.co.uk/ They only show tours for the current month but I'm sure they do run all year round. Went on one of these as a Halloween treat a couple of years ago. It was very good, although a bit chilly.

Early September is a certain person's birthday. :o
Might be nice to be able to incorporate a bit of a get together even if not a full-on GU.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4