Paul R   01-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Jut finished reading this again. I first read it about five years ago when I discovered the wonders of buying books over the internet and subsequently overdosed on FPW.
Anyway, I'd forgotten how great it was. I mean, I always liked it, but didn't rate it right up there with my other favourites... until now. Great stuff!
Except for one small detail which is niggling at me. I'm not usually the sort to point at mistakes in books, but this one really should have been seen and changed.
Can you spot it? In case you can't, here's a brief description of our protagonist: snowy white patch of hair, flamestone around the throat and yellow gold skin on his left hand.
I thought it only right that you guys could share in my annoyance as well!
Attached Files
.jpg
healer100.jpg (Size: 11.27 KB Downloads: 272)

"I handed in the new RJ novel with the
working title, BY THE SWORD. David says the sales force loved the title at the
pre Turkey-Day sales meeting, so that's what it will be. That means Paul Ramplin
gets a credit line in the acknowledgments.
"
Weatherford   01-08-2008, 02:11 PM
I've not seen that cover before.... yes, it would bug me... Wink
volshan   01-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Been bugging me since it first showed up in my mailbox about a year and a half or so ago. Didn't figure it was worth mentioning since it probably can't be changed (and if it can, I'd have to buy the book again =grin=), but I noticed it even before I cracked the cover.

Marty
fpw   01-08-2008, 04:10 PM
[SIZE="3"]I never noticed. I'm not bummed though. C'est la guerre.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Flinx   01-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Same thing happened for the Stealth Press edition.
I just say to myself that they incorrectly reversed the photo. Wink
Biggles   01-09-2008, 02:00 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I never noticed. I'm not bummed though. C'est la guerre.[/SIZE]

You must have left the approval of the cover to your right hand man. :eek:

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Pleiades   01-09-2008, 11:21 PM
The cover is supposed to be The Healer looking at his hand in the mirror. Wink See, now it works.

You really only need three things: WD-40, Duct Tape, and a pointy stick. If it's supposed to move and doesn't, use the WD-40. If it moves and isn't supposed to, use the Duct Tape. If you want it to move and it doesn't want to, use the pointy stick. The rest of life is easy.
Ken Valentine   01-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Paul R Wrote:Jut finished reading this again. I first read it about five years ago when I discovered the wonders of buying books over the internet and subsequently overdosed on FPW.
Anyway, I'd forgotten how great it was. I mean, I always liked it, but didn't rate it right up there with my other favourites... until now. Great stuff!
Except for one small detail which is niggling at me. I'm not usually the sort to point at mistakes in books, but this one really should have been seen and changed.
Can you spot it? In case you can't, here's a brief description of our protagonist: snowy white patch of hair, flamestone around the throat and yellow gold skin on his left hand.
I thought it only right that you guys could share in my annoyance as well!

The way it's done, it looks like the entire hand and arm have a yellowish tinge -- as well as the background. So to me, it's just the lighting.

Ken V.
Paul R   01-10-2008, 06:24 AM
Pleiades Wrote:The cover is supposed to be The Healer looking at his hand in the mirror. Wink See, now it works.

LOL! Yes, I like that idea. That's how I'll think of it from now on.Smile

"I handed in the new RJ novel with the
working title, BY THE SWORD. David says the sales force loved the title at the
pre Turkey-Day sales meeting, so that's what it will be. That means Paul Ramplin
gets a credit line in the acknowledgments.
"