RepairmanJack.com Forums
Healer - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Healer (/thread-2675.html)

Healer - Paul R - 01-08-2008

Jut finished reading this again. I first read it about five years ago when I discovered the wonders of buying books over the internet and subsequently overdosed on FPW.
Anyway, I'd forgotten how great it was. I mean, I always liked it, but didn't rate it right up there with my other favourites... until now. Great stuff!
Except for one small detail which is niggling at me. I'm not usually the sort to point at mistakes in books, but this one really should have been seen and changed.
Can you spot it? In case you can't, here's a brief description of our protagonist: snowy white patch of hair, flamestone around the throat and yellow gold skin on his left hand.
I thought it only right that you guys could share in my annoyance as well!

Healer - Weatherford - 01-08-2008

I've not seen that cover before.... yes, it would bug me... Wink

Healer - volshan - 01-08-2008

Been bugging me since it first showed up in my mailbox about a year and a half or so ago. Didn't figure it was worth mentioning since it probably can't be changed (and if it can, I'd have to buy the book again =grin=), but I noticed it even before I cracked the cover.

Marty

Healer - fpw - 01-08-2008

[SIZE="3"]I never noticed. I'm not bummed though. C'est la guerre.[/SIZE]

Healer - Flinx - 01-08-2008

Same thing happened for the Stealth Press edition.
I just say to myself that they incorrectly reversed the photo. Wink

Healer - Biggles - 01-09-2008

fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I never noticed. I'm not bummed though. C'est la guerre.[/SIZE]

You must have left the approval of the cover to your right hand man. :eek:

Healer - Pleiades - 01-09-2008

The cover is supposed to be The Healer looking at his hand in the mirror. Wink See, now it works.

Healer - Ken Valentine - 01-09-2008

Paul R Wrote:Jut finished reading this again. I first read it about five years ago when I discovered the wonders of buying books over the internet and subsequently overdosed on FPW.
Anyway, I'd forgotten how great it was. I mean, I always liked it, but didn't rate it right up there with my other favourites... until now. Great stuff!
Except for one small detail which is niggling at me. I'm not usually the sort to point at mistakes in books, but this one really should have been seen and changed.
Can you spot it? In case you can't, here's a brief description of our protagonist: snowy white patch of hair, flamestone around the throat and yellow gold skin on his left hand.
I thought it only right that you guys could share in my annoyance as well!

The way it's done, it looks like the entire hand and arm have a yellowish tinge -- as well as the background. So to me, it's just the lighting.

Ken V.

Healer - Paul R - 01-10-2008

Pleiades Wrote:The cover is supposed to be The Healer looking at his hand in the mirror. Wink See, now it works.

LOL! Yes, I like that idea. That's how I'll think of it from now on.Smile