Pages (2):    1 2
Barry Lee Dejasu   11-11-2007, 08:23 AM
dejo Wrote:Disturbia? No, thank you. I've already seen Rear Window. Smile

Well that's just it - for the longest time, I absolutely despised the movie because it was such a complete and utter ripoff of Rear Window. Then I sucked it up and actually SAW it. It's now officially one of my top 10 movies of the year - I loved it!

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
The Mad American   11-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Auskar Wrote:Don't buy popcorn, candy, and soda. Dinner or lunch beforehand makes that easier, costs about the same, and is probably much more enjoyable.

I have a group of friends that go to see the movies that the wives don't want to see, usually the big action movies or the horror movies. We usually go to a late movie.

We handle the overpricing of popcorn, soda and candy by wearing our cargo shorts/pants with large pockets and hitting a convenience store before the movie to load up on whatever we want and then just put them in our pockets and head in.

I am an outlaw I tell you. F the man and all that.Big Grin

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Auskar   11-12-2007, 05:26 PM
The Mad American Wrote:I have a group of friends that go to see the movies that the wives don't want to see, usually the big action movies or the horror movies. We usually go to a late movie.

We handle the overpricing of popcorn, soda and candy by wearing our cargo shorts/pants with large pockets and hitting a convenience store before the movie to load up on whatever we want and then just put them in our pockets and head in.

I am an outlaw I tell you. F the man and all that.Big Grin
Cargo pants are the greatest invention. BDU's in civilian colors and you don't have to tuck them into your boots.

Sometimes I'll carry a soda bought at Fatburfer or a Starbuck's coffee into the theater. No one has ever stopped me.
RichE   11-16-2007, 06:10 PM
AAAWWWWWW....For the good ole days at the Lane Theatre in New Dorp, Staten Island: double features (esp. those first run Hammer Films) on a Saturday night:$2.00 ($1.50 -Monday thru Friday).
Gimmie da good ole days!
Pages (2):    1 2