RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Cost Of A Matinee Has Landed Me In... - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Cost Of A Matinee Has Landed Me In... (/thread-2341.html)

Pages: 1 2

The Cost Of A Matinee Has Landed Me In... - Scott Miller - 05-23-2007

Disturbia-$12.75 for a matinee and a medium popcorn:mad:. I did treat myself to the movie this afternoon(I got a gift card for teacher appreciation week) and it was a slightly over-the-top ending away from being excellent. As it is, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The teen protagonists were realistically portrayed and the suspense was well maintained throughout. No need to rush out and see it in the theatre, but keep your eye out for the DVD.

The Cost Of A Matinee Has Landed Me In... - dejo - 05-23-2007

Disturbia? No, thank you. I've already seen Rear Window. Smile

The Cost Of A Matinee Has Landed Me In... - Scott Miller - 05-23-2007

dejo Wrote:Disturbia? No, thank you. I've already seen Rear Window. Smile

I'm a person that doesn't mind imitation if it handled with care. Besides you'd almost never go to the movies if you only saw films that were true originals(which I do prefer).

The Cost Of A Matinee Has Landed Me In... - phoenix rising - 05-24-2007

Yeah, good ovies are hard to come by, butmore so for good remakes. Just watch Black Cristmas and you'll know what I mean:mad:

The Cost Of A Matinee Has Landed Me In... - Kenji - 11-10-2007

Today, after I saw The Bourne Ultimatum, I saw Disturbia.

As dejo said, this is 21st century version of Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window. I thought this is a sort of teen horror movie. But....you know what? I enjoyed it a lot!

Horny boys, cute blonde girl, Mom and Dad, they live in small town. If David Morse isn't living in this town, that could be wonderful town.

David Morse.....he was creepy! :eek:

The Cost Of A Matinee Has Landed Me In... - Maggers - 11-10-2007

The price of a movie ticket is now $12 in NYC. That's just the ticket, no drinks, no popcorn.

The Cost Of A Matinee Has Landed Me In... - Oxenberger - 11-10-2007

Maggers Wrote:The price of a movie ticket is now $12 in NYC. That's just the ticket, no drinks, no popcorn.

True, but remember the sticky popcorn residue that ends up on your shoes is always free!

The Cost Of A Matinee Has Landed Me In... - Auskar - 11-10-2007

Don't buy popcorn, candy, and soda. Dinner or lunch beforehand makes that easier, costs about the same, and is probably much more enjoyable.

I mentioned Dennis Lehane in another thread. Another book of his was made into a movie, Mystic River, but I didn't really like that novel all that much - preferring his continuing characters of Patrick Kenzi and Angie Gennaro, two private eyes in Boston. This movie is based on one of those novels, but I haven't heard if it is any good or not. Maybe I'll go see it today.

The Cost Of A Matinee Has Landed Me In... - Kenji - 11-10-2007

Here in Japan, we haven't Matinee, but the first day of every month is 1,000 yen($9.50),and every Wednesday is lady's day(Ladies: $9.50 only).

And, the theatres of United Cinema and Movix. They have special service. After we saw six movies, one movie is free (within one year). Big Grin

The Cost Of A Matinee Has Landed Me In... - Maggers - 11-10-2007

Auskar Wrote:Don't buy popcorn, candy, and soda. Dinner or lunch beforehand makes that easier, costs about the same, and is probably much more enjoyable.
I never buy anything to eat or drink in a movie theater. I'm a purist, no distractions, please. I don't want anything coming between me and my experience of the movie on screen. I am at the theater to see the movie, that's it.