Pages (2): 1 2   
Marc   05-19-2007, 12:24 PM
If anyone is interested you can view preview for the new Rambo flick that was put together for Canne. Check it out here. It may take a little time to load since the site is getting a lot of traffic.

(This doesn't look to be a toned down film like the new Die Hard.)
ccosborne3   12-04-2007, 01:20 AM
Just saw the trailer on MNF. I won't be attending just on general principals but it looks OK. They're using that "Let the bodies hit the floor song" for theme music. Last I remember it being used in a trailer was for Friday the 13th 8, Jason in Space. Smile
KRW   01-28-2008, 01:34 AM
I caught the movie today. It's pouring here in AZ. on a Sunday, so what do we do? We go to the movies! Please don't eat before you see this movie, you may regret it. Rambo finally comes full circle. It would be tough to spoil a Rambo movie, I'm sure we know by now who Rambo is and what he does, but I will say the ending brings closure to the series.
Tony H   01-28-2008, 11:23 AM
KRW Wrote:I caught the movie today. It's pouring here in AZ. on a Sunday, so what do we do? We go to the movies! Please don't eat before you see this movie, you may regret it. Rambo finally comes full circle. It would be tough to spoil a Rambo movie, I'm sure we know by now who Rambo is and what he does, but I will say the ending brings closure to the series.

************SPOILER SPACE*************

Anyone who read the book First Blood or saw the original fillms alternate ending would have said the same thing. The book ensured there would be no franchise for the John Rambo character. Stallone saw the opportunity for a franchise and a gory history was born.
This post was last modified: 01-28-2008, 11:26 AM by Tony H.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Schwinn160   01-28-2008, 04:06 PM
It was very gross and bloody. Gore budget was probably in the millions.

Brings attention to the need for peace in these kinds of places. Viva la revolucion! (and whatever...Smile)

If you want to see bloody body parts flying for an hour, then head on over and check it out. Be forewarned, my wife was so upset that she didn't sleep last night. Shooting women and kids is commonplace.
KRW   03-02-2008, 11:15 PM
AsMoral Wrote:************SPOILER SPACE*************

Anyone who read the book First Blood or saw the original fillms alternate ending would have said the same thing. The book ensured there would be no franchise for the John Rambo character. Stallone saw the opportunity for a franchise and a gory history was born.

I have read the book. (Great) The origanal "First Blood" movie followed it clear up to the end, but the movie deviated from the books ending. This is kinda funny, I heard Kirk Douglus was asked to play Colonel Troutman but refused when he read the script. He thought it should follow the book to the end so the story had closure. (At least something like that, it's been a while since I've read that)
Margery Lurkens   03-09-2008, 09:45 PM
As a minor hi-jack, I just wanted to point out that First Blood was written by David Morrell, who is a decidedly excellent author. If you have not checked out his other books, you really should. I especially liked his fighting priests books "Fraternity of the Stone" and "Fellowship of the Rose."
KRW   03-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Margery Lurkens Wrote:As a minor hi-jack, I just wanted to point out that First Blood was written by David Morrell, who is a decidedly excellent author. If you have not checked out his other books, you really should. I especially liked his fighting priests books "Fraternity of the Stone" and "Fellowship of the Rose."

To tell you the truth I loved that book and never bothered to read any of his other works. I had heard that "Fellowship of the Rose" was an excellant read, I'll have to check it out. Thanks.
Sigokat   07-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Yeah I'm reviving a dead thread, but I just saw the new Rambo movie on DVD (Netflix is da bomb out here).

I actually enjoyed this movie. It was by far the best Rambo movie of the entire series. Yes, if the book had been followed and the original ending of First Blood had been left in the film (it is on the new DVD box set) then this would have never happened, but I'm glad they kept the series going.

Yes the movie is gory, yes there are some very disturbing scenes, but we must remember that these kinds of atrocities, unfortunately, are happening in the world today. If this movie did anything, perhaps it may have opened some peoples' eyes to what is happening outside of their own comfort zones.

And the end did finally bring closure to the series.

I think I'm going to watch it one more time before I drop it back in the mailbox.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
jonledon   07-10-2008, 04:52 PM
[quote=sigokat]

I actually enjoyed this movie. It was by far the best Rambo movie of the entire series. QUOTE]

I don't know about the "best", but I did love this movie. The scene where he turns the .50 cal on the driver in the jeep and turns him into hamburger was priceless. I gotta hand it to Stallone for keeping it up all these years. I saw First Blood in the theater, and that was many many moons ago.
Pages (2): 1 2