Pages (2):    1 2
Wapitikev   07-10-2008, 08:51 PM
sigokat Wrote:Yeah I'm reviving a dead thread, but I just saw the new Rambo movie on DVD (Netflix is da bomb out here).

I actually enjoyed this movie. It was by far the best Rambo movie of the entire series. Yes, if the book had been followed and the original ending of First Blood had been left in the film (it is on the new DVD box set) then this would have never happened, but I'm glad they kept the series going.

Yes the movie is gory, yes there are some very disturbing scenes, but we must remember that these kinds of atrocities, unfortunately, are happening in the world today. If this movie did anything, perhaps it may have opened some peoples' eyes to what is happening outside of their own comfort zones.

And the end did finally bring closure to the series.

I think I'm going to watch it one more time before I drop it back in the mailbox.

Hey, Sig!

Love the new Avatar.

I thought Rambo was the second best of the series.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Sigokat   07-11-2008, 06:09 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:Hey, Sig!

Love the new Avatar.

I thought Rambo was the second best of the series.

-Wapitikev

Thanks.

So which one did you like the best? I did just watch First Blood about 2 months ago and I had forgotten how good it was, but it just didn't have enough of the "blow shit up and kill lots of people" that I would expect from the Rambo series. Hence, why I put Rambo first and First Blood second.

Just my two Lincolns though.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Wapitikev   07-12-2008, 06:07 AM
sigokat Wrote:Thanks.

So which one did you like the best? I did just watch First Blood about 2 months ago and I had forgotten how good it was, but it just didn't have enough of the "blow shit up and kill lots of people" that I would expect from the Rambo series. Hence, why I put Rambo first and First Blood second.

Just my two Lincolns though.

In the war between best and second-best, First Blood wins for me; partly because it was a fantastic movie, and partly because of nostalgia...it was one of the first R-rated Movies (along with the Keep) that I got to watch when premium cable came out, up here in the great white north, in the early '80s (I was 14 or 15, at the time).

Overall, though, I liked all the Rambo movies, so First Blood is only slightly ahead of Rambo which is only slightly ahead of the other two (which I would say are both tied for third on my list).

Time to hit the rack.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Pages (2):    1 2