Kenji   05-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Oh, I can't wait for it until September! You know what?

Takashi Miike's western's action movie, Sukiyaki Western Django

Today I saw trailer and all casts are Japanese actors except for Quentin Tarantino! Can you believe the Japanese made western's movie? No? Well, then, check this trailer! Very weird but cool! Big Grin

Sukiyaki Western Django-trailer
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Kenji Wrote:Oh, I can't wait for it until September! You know what?

Takashi Miike's western's action movie, Sukiyaki Western Django

Today I saw trailer and all casts are Japanese actors except for Quentin Tarantino! Can you believe the Japanese made western's movie? No? Well, then, check this trailer! Very weird but cool! Big Grin

Sukiyaki Western Django-trailer

Pal Kenji, I did check it out. Looks weird and cool indeed. But tell me--I never knew this--are Westerns popular in Japan? If so, going way back?
Kenji   05-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Pal Kenji, I did check it out. Looks weird and cool indeed. But tell me--I never knew this--are Westerns popular in Japan? If so, going way back?

Hmm.......actually, not so popular. But I like westerns, and I'll go to see this movie.
Kenji   09-16-2007, 06:44 AM
Today I saw "Sukiyaki Western Django". It was GREAT! Oh, well, you'll ask "What is Sukiyaki Western?" "Who is Django?" Before I say those answers, check this film.

Japanese subtitles annoy you? Don't worry! All dialogues are English. The story is after the battle of Dan-no-ura. Genji clans and Heike clans, they're still fighting. Then gold is discovered near a Heike town and a gold rush ensues. They try to find out gold, and they start fighting for the gold.

Then a lone gunman rides into town.

If you like a western films, "A Fistful of Dollars", "High Plains Drifter", "The Quick and the Dead", or Stephen King's "The Gunslinger", DON'T MISS IT!!! I swear it won't disappoint you.

Director is Takashi Miike(Imprint in Masters of Horror), so some scenes are bloody gory. But.... you'll be okay. Wink

This is official site. Check this. Very cool!

http://www.sonypictures.jp/movies/sukiya...index.html
This post was last modified: 09-16-2007, 07:52 AM by Kenji.
Auskar   09-17-2007, 03:44 AM
Isn't Django the original midnight movie movie from the sixties? Is Sukiyaki Western Django like a comedic japanese remake?

Added: I went to the site and I get the impression that the movie has (essentially) two titles. One is "Sukiyaki Western" and the other is "Django" (as you can tell from the song). It must be a takeoff on the original Django (which I've never seen, but heard a lot about).

Added later" I viewed the YouTube trailer and the very last image is one of Quentin Tarentino.
This post was last modified: 09-17-2007, 03:59 AM by Auskar.
Kenji   09-17-2007, 04:25 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:I love old Spaghetti Westerns. There a few with a character named Django, he carries a coffin with him that has a machine gun inside it.

Yes it is. Also you'll see that scene in "Sukiyaki Western Django". You'll love it! Big Grin
Kenji   09-17-2007, 04:52 AM
Auskar Wrote:Isn't Django the original midnight movie movie from the sixties? Is Sukiyaki Western Django like a comedic japanese remake?

Not comedic remake. Some scenes are funny and I laughed, but as a whole it's serious action movie.

Auskar Wrote:Added: I went to the site and I get the impression that the movie has (essentially) two titles. One is "Sukiyaki Western" and the other is "Django" (as you can tell from the song). It must be a takeoff on the original Django (which I've never seen, but heard a lot about).

Nope. The title is one. "Sukiyaki Western Django".

I don't know about original song, but this Japanese version's song by Saburo Kitajima. He's famous Japanese Enka singer.

Auskar Wrote:Added later" I viewed the YouTube trailer and the very last image is one of Quentin Tarentino.

Yes he is. He played professional gunman, Ringo. He is funny guy. Big Grin
Kenji   08-21-2008, 10:02 AM
August 29, "Sukiyaki Western Django" is coming to New York! This is the trailer for U.S.A. This trailer is better than Japanese trailer.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?vid=262552

I already saw it and now I have DVD. I recommend this EXCITING action movie. :thumbsup:
Kenji   12-08-2008, 09:30 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:Thanks again Kenji, I just upgraded my system to a Blu Ray. I saw this on the shelf and made it the first new film I bought on Blu. Visually stunning. It didn't disappoint. I loved the mixing of genre styles. What Seijun Suzuki did to the gangster films of the 40's, Takashi Miike does to the westerns of the '60's. The music was sweet, a nice hybrid. I'll have to look for the soundtrack.
If anyone hasn't seen it or is on the fence about it. I'll warn you there is more style than substance. But some beautifully shot sequences and quirks that make it entertaining and worth the hour and a half to watch it.

Oh, hey, Jeff B! I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed this one. Confusedmilewinkgrin:

Mine is not Blu Ray, but the visual is pretty vivid.