joelfinkle   05-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Can we get a hint as to when Bloodlines will be out in a trade HC edition? Much as I like supporting the smaller presses, $60 is a bit much for one book -- even though it's bound to be a really really good book.

Any chance of it appearing in an SFBC or QPB edition? That's pushing the limit, I know, but hey, there's only so many entertainment dollars to spend.
Dave F   05-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Trade edition will be October at the earliest according to the News section of the site

Cheers

Dave

The artist formally known as Britfan
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-13-2007, 05:39 PM
joelfinkle Wrote:Can we get a hint as to when Bloodlines will be out in a trade HC edition? Much as I like supporting the smaller presses, $60 is a bit much for one book -- even though it's bound to be a really really good book.

Any chance of it appearing in an SFBC or QPB edition? That's pushing the limit, I know, but hey, there's only so many entertainment dollars to spend.

Well, Joe, let me roll up my sleeves...nothing up my sleeves...OH JESUS CHRIST THERE'S NOTHING UP MY SLEEVES...

But I believe the trade version comes out in September. And Joe...I'd bet you're like me in this--paid uncounted wasted coin for books you never think about again. $60 ain't so heavy for a book you'll cherish. Ain't I right?
fpw   05-13-2007, 09:41 PM
[SIZE="3"]The official date is Oct. 16. It's often on the shelf before pub date.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
joelfinkle   05-15-2007, 09:14 PM
As it is, I shelled out for the Gauntlet edition. Can't wait, won't wait.
I hope FPW gets a nice cut out of the limited ed.

Actually, my frustration is that I'm not used to paying retail for books. My wife runs a (children's) bookstore and can order most everything our distributor can get at 40% off... but not this. While they do stock the Gauntlet edition, it's only 10% off the $66 price, putting it at almost exactly the direct-from-Gauntlet $60 price. Ordering through Gauntlet gets you a chapbook, so there you go, I'm ahead again.