Pages (3):    1 2 3
ccosborne3   04-11-2007, 12:46 AM
saynomore Wrote:P.P.S. Check out the trailer for MACHETE. Hilarious. "They f***ed with the wrong Mexican." LOL.

I tried posting a link but the Machete trailers have been deleted. Thanksgiving is sure to follow. I did a quick web search looking for it and ran into an article claiming that Rodriguez wants to actually make Machete and release it straight to DVD.

That would be awesome. Yeah it's probably the funniest of the spoof trailers.

"How was I supposed to know that the Mexican day laborer I hired was..... a Federale! Big Grin
Ken Valentine   04-11-2007, 01:18 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well, I'd say TR was prescient: the USA should muscle up.

"Muscle up?" How? By turning this country into a dictatorship?

The guy was a psychopath, and hated the idea of other people being free.

Quote:The Enlightenment Civilization was heading for a smash. As it did, the effects of which are still with us. It might have been better for the Allies and the Central Powers to fight to a peace of exhaustion.

Are you still talking about T.R., or World War I?

The "enlightened civilization" you're speaking of was heavily influenced by the Second Communist International. Rolleyes

If it's WWI you're talking about, they did just that; fight to exhaustion. Then Wilson stepped in and drew it out longer. Russia was about to quit, but Wilson promised the Czar supplies to keep him in the war, and before that finally came to pass, the severely weakened Czarist government fell and the Communists took over.

The primary reason so many people seemed to hate Germany was because the German Communists who were elected to office didn't follow through on their promise to cause a general strike in Germany (to shut down the war) as they had promised at the Second Communist International.

This outraged American Communists like Upton Sinclair, who wanted Germany destroyed because of this failure.

By the way, Robert Heinlein was heavily involved in Sinclair's campaign for Governor of California in 1934. Something which Heinlein tried to erase all knowledge of.

Quote:I don't know. Still, it wasn't in the cards. After losses beyond imagination on each side, someone was gonna win and someone was gonna lose. Otherwise, it would been for...nothing.

It WAS for nothing! In fact, it was for worse than nothing!

As I said, America's entry into the war prolonged the conflict, created the situation which allowed the Communists to gain power in Russia and victimized Germany, which led to the rise of Hitler. America had no stake in that war . . . no dog in that fight . . . no business being there. U.S. entry turned a European war into World War, and only made matters worse.

Quote: And that would have been to monstrous to contemplate, for the civilians on each side. After the US entered the war in April 1917, the deal was done. The Allies would win. Was it "our war?" Again, beats the shit out of me.

I know, that's why I recommended those books which I'm sure you will never read.

Quote:It became it.

:confused:

Quote:And, hey, kids, you thought =this= was fun? Just a =warm=up! Check back in 20 years for some =real= action!

Do you mean information which shows that Bush was as stupid as Wilson? I think we already know that.

Ken V.
Maggers   04-11-2007, 01:23 AM
Hey guys, save politics for the political threads. I'd like to feel safe somewhere on this board. Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Ken Valentine   04-11-2007, 01:26 AM
Maggers Wrote:Hey guys, save politics for the political threads. I'd like to feel safe somewhere on this board. Big Grin

My fault Maggers. I kinda started that one.

Sorry. :o

Ken V.
Maggers   04-11-2007, 01:30 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:My fault Maggers. I kinda started that one.

Sorry. :o

Ken V.

Aww, that's OK. Just a friendly nudge.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Ken Valentine   04-11-2007, 01:55 AM
Maggers Wrote:Aww, that's OK. Just a friendly nudge.

Sometimes a nudge doesn't work . . . sometimes you have to drop an anvil on me. Wink

Ken V.
bones weep tedium   04-11-2007, 09:12 AM
I thought the Thanksgiving trailer was funny!

I'm really anxious to see Grindhouse, though it's probably going to be split into two films and released a month apart from each other in the UK (where we don't have double features)

I might just wait for it to come out on DVD if that happens.

Hostel was ok, but for all the fuss and bother that it generated I didnt think the horror scenes went far enough or were long enough. I think I could come up with something much nastier if I was given a day to think about it.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-15-2007, 11:03 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Now I'm being mocked by the Bluesman.

I don't even have to bother with a suicide note. I'll just leave this page open. The cops will be able to figure out the rest. Smile

Just havin' fun, ccos! Mockery wasn't part of the deal at all.
Pages (3):    1 2 3