Ossicle   03-09-2007, 06:37 PM
I just noticed FPW's "Monsters" episode being mentioned over on a screewriting group -- in post #4, screenwriter Neal Marshall Stevens calls it "one of the most down beat "Christmas" episodes of any series in the history of the universe."

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writ...a54c586363

I know a lot of us have seen it or read it in [The Barrens & Others?], but it's fun to see it referenced.

-O
fpw   03-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Ossicle Wrote:I just noticed FPW's "Monsters" episode being mentioned over on a screewriting group -- in post #4, screenwriter Neal Marshall Stevens calls it "one of the most down beat "Christmas" episodes of any series in the history of the universe."

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writ...a54c586363

I know a lot of us have seen it or read it in [The Barrens & Others?], but it's fun to see it referenced.

-O

[SIZE="3"]That's funny -- and he might even be right. I've known Neal for what seems like forever. I need to check in and see what he's doing lately. He's written a billion or so produced screenplays.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Ossicle   03-10-2007, 05:03 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]That's funny -- and he might even be right. I've known Neal for what seems like forever. I need to check in and see what he's doing lately. He's written a billion or so produced screenplays.[/SIZE]
Neal's a prolific, interesting, and extremely helpful poster to that newsgroup. If any forum members are aspiring screenwriters or just particularly interested in film, you'd do well to search for and read his posts, which are signed "NMS."

The imdb only credits him with a few projects, but given his obvious knowledge and years in the business I've always assumed he's been paid for a lot more work than appears there. Hollywood can be really weird about credits.

I know he'd been slated to finally have his directorial debut, on a suspense/horror film he wrote, but he hasn't mentioned it in a while so perhaps it fell through.

-O