Pages (2): 1 2   
Animagess   07-07-2004, 02:08 PM
Yet another wallpaper! I spent almost a whole day making this one up. I neglected to add the copyright stuff this time around, but I shouldn't have to tell you that this picture should remain here and maybe on some forum member's desktops. I don't want to see it as the background for some random guy's personal online photo album.

Um, some comments... I couldn't remember which way Jack's scars pointed, so just ignore it if they're backwards or whatever. This came from a photo (you can see below) of the pine barrens that I swiped from someone (you'd never know, though). Up in the sky are some giant bugs pouring out of a hole, and there are some balls of light flying around, and yeah, general Otherness creepy-type stuff going on.

I know the bugs were supposed to come out of a hole in the ground, but there was no room, and besides it looks kinda cool this way. Well, I hope your eyeballs enjoy (and this time I got the proportions right, so feel free to actually use this as a wallpaper!).

I love you, digital airbrush.

[Image: jack_wall.jpg]

Here's the original picture. Many thanks to Mike Baker, whoever he is.

[Image: P000902.jpg]

"You gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!"

My witty similes will spread across the world like creamy peanut butter.
fpw   07-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Very eerie, Animagess. Creepy. Thanks. I love it. Bring on more.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Scott Hajek   07-07-2004, 02:41 PM
One look and I replaced a picture of my family at Disney World with this new one. It's great!

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
stacyzinda123   07-07-2004, 03:08 PM
That is really cool. I replaced a picture of my husband hand-feeding a deer at a park with it. Shh, don't tell him though.
nijimeijer   07-07-2004, 04:25 PM
One (pathetic) request, if you please; most people I know (including myself) have the habit of leaving our icons on the left side of the screen. Would it be possible to have words (at least in the future) or critical picture elements shifted more towards the right? Otherwise, I rearrange my icons into bizarre shapes to fit them around bits of the pictures.

Awesome, though. Really, really well done.

Throughout our history there are those ghosts
Compelled to illustrate our dreams and hopes
Victors hang in pictures, losers from ropes.
Regardless they all swing in the same boat.
Animagess   07-07-2004, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=nijimeijer]One (pathetic) request, if you please; most people I know (including myself) have the habit of leaving our icons on the left side of the screen. Would it be possible to have words (at least in the future) or critical picture elements shifted more towards the right? Otherwise, I rearrange my icons into bizarre shapes to fit them around bits of the pictures.
QUOTE]

I thought of that a little too late (the words wouldn't fit on the right side of the picture) and I forgot most people have a lot more icons on their desktop than I do (I have the tendency to put all my icons in a folder marked 'Stuff). I'll try to remember next time, thanks. In the meantime, you're welcome to stuff this baby into Photoshop and perform a little text surgery.

"You gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!"

My witty similes will spread across the world like creamy peanut butter.
Ken Valentine   07-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Animagess Wrote:Yet another wallpaper! I spent almost a whole day making this one up. I neglected to add the copyright stuff this time around, but I shouldn't have to tell you that this picture should remain here and maybe on some forum member's desktops. I don't want to see it as the background for some random guy's personal online photo album.

Um, some comments... I couldn't remember which way Jack's scars pointed, so just ignore it if they're backwards or whatever. This came from a photo (you can see below) of the pine barrens that I swiped from someone (you'd never know, though). Up in the sky are some giant bugs pouring out of a hole, and there are some balls of light flying around, and yeah, general Otherness creepy-type stuff going on.

I know the bugs were supposed to come out of a hole in the ground, but there was no room, and besides it looks kinda cool this way. Well, I hope your eyeballs enjoy (and this time I got the proportions right, so feel free to actually use this as a wallpaper!).

I love you, digital airbrush.

It brings to mind RJ in the clearing before Scarlip comes out of the ground.

IMPRESSIVE!

Ken V.
Keith the Elder   07-08-2004, 01:06 PM
that kinda looks like the place where the Freak Show dudes started up that device or am I confusing it with that place Snake noticed in DATM when he was stalking Poppy?

K the e
Marc   07-08-2004, 01:31 PM
nijimeijer Wrote:One (pathetic) request, if you please; most people I know (including myself) have the habit of leaving our icons on the left side of the screen.

What about us Mac-ies who have icons on the right? Big Grin
nijimeijer   07-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Marc B. Wrote:What about us Mac-ies who have icons on the right? Big Grin

I'm sorry, I was referring to people using computers, not toys. :p

OH, SNAP!

Throughout our history there are those ghosts
Compelled to illustrate our dreams and hopes
Victors hang in pictures, losers from ropes.
Regardless they all swing in the same boat.
Pages (2): 1 2