Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Marc   02-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Seeing Metllicamilitia's signature quote ("Go then! There are other worlds than these!") made me realize no one here has posted about the discussed Dark Tower movie. If you didn't know, J.J. Abrams (LOST creator) is in talks with Stephen King to bring his epic series to either television or cinemas. I'd prefer a seven year arch on television, 12 episodes a season/book, on Showtime or HBO much like they're planning with the Fire and Ice series Dave mentioned earlier.

I for one would love to see DT come alive in some format. Has anyone checked out the first issue of The Gunslinger Born comic released last week? I've never been able to imagine what Gilead looked like and it was great to finally see a visual representation.
webby   02-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Seeing Metllicamilitia's signature quote ("Go then! There are other worlds than these!") made me realize no one here has posted about the discussed Dark Tower movie. If you didn't know, J.J. Abrams (LOST creator) is in talks with Stephen King to bring his epic series to either television or cinemas.

I did not know that! That's exciting and frightening at the same time.

Marc B. Wrote:I'd prefer a seven year arch on television, 12 episodes a season/book, on Showtime or HBO much like they're planning with the Fire and Ice series Dave mentioned earlier.

It would have to be a series, I agree on that. Way too much would be lost in a cinematic version, unless they're thinking about a series of 3-4 hour-long movies ala Harry Potter?

Marc B. Wrote:I for one would love to see DT come alive in some format. Has anyone checked out the first issue of The Gunslinger Born comic released last week? I've never been able to imagine what Gilead looked like and it was great to finally see a visual representation.

Haven't seen the comic but I'd also like to see DT in live action. But it also frightens me a bit, as I already mentioned. The Stand was one of my favorite books ever (still is) but I ended up being disappointed by the tv miniseries. It would be such a shame if any DT film(s) turned out the same.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GunslingerAW   02-16-2007, 02:16 PM
In a recent issue of Entertainment Weekly (I'm not sure of the issue I'll let you know later) Stephen King said that unless Peter Jackson made up with New line Cinema and they decided to spend Billions of dollars to make it probably wouldn't get made. He said this when they were doing some kind of interview about the new graphic novels.
Kenji   02-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Seeing Metllicamilitia's signature quote ("Go then! There are other worlds than these!") made me realize no one here has posted about the discussed Dark Tower movie.

The Dark Tower movie! I've been waiting for it, but I'm worrying about it at the same time.

Quote:If you didn't know, J.J. Abrams (LOST creator) is in talks with Stephen King to bring his epic series to either television or cinemas. I'd prefer a seven year arch on television, 12 episodes a season/book, on Showtime or HBO much like they're planning with the Fire and Ice series Dave mentioned earlier.

If somebody make DT, I thought Peter Jackson is good for the movie(s). But on the TV series, J.J. Abrams is okay.

Quote:I for one would love to see DT come alive in some format. Has anyone checked out the first issue of The Gunslinger Born comic released last week? I've never been able to imagine what Gilead looked like and it was great to finally see a visual representation.

DT comic! I must go to buy it! Big Grin
Kenji   02-16-2007, 07:13 PM
So....should we start "Who's good for Roland?" thread? Big Grin

When I read first book, I'd liked to see Eastwood as Roland. But now, Kevin Costner is good for Roland.
webby   02-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Kenji Wrote:So....should we start "Who's good for Roland?" thread? Big Grin

When I read first book, I'd liked to see Eastwood as Roland. But now, Kevin Costner is good for Roland.

Kevin Costner might work. For sure not Clint Eastwood anymore. I saw a picture of him this week and he is starting to look scarey - like a skeleton head or something. :eek:

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kenji   02-17-2007, 06:50 AM
webby Wrote:Kevin Costner might work. For sure not Clint Eastwood anymore. I saw a picture of him this week and he is starting to look scarey - like a skeleton head or something. :eek:

Skeleton! LOL

Eastwood might be good for Crimson King..... Big Grin
GunslingerAW   02-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Thomas Haden Church might do okay. He wasn't too bad in Broken Trail.
Kenji   02-17-2007, 08:14 AM
This is pretty good. Especially Robert Cochrane's video was quite good.

http://www.penguin.com/darktower/gallery-poll.html
Richard Kendrick   02-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Kenji Wrote:So....should we start "Who's good for Roland?" thread? Big Grin

Hugh Jackman. Although, he may not be gritty enough for the part.

RIK
Pages (3): 1 2 3