Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Ken Valentine   03-03-2007, 01:40 AM
BK Akitas Wrote:hey KRW your private mailbox is full- we're in Scottsdale this weekend, click http://www.jbradhsaw.com (then shows, then go to the ones for this weekend) to find out what time- we're at Westworld. come by and say hello!
Little oopsie there. It should be: http://www.jbradshaw.com

The link you gave was to saw blades.Wink

Ken V.
BK Akitas   03-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Little oopsie there. It should be: http://www.jbradshaw.com

The link you gave was to saw blades.Wink

Ken V.

Trust dependable Ken to catch me in a rotten typo! Smile

Biggles I hear ya ...I went to parochial school for five incredibly depressing and angst ridden years. I have the scars- physical and emotional, to prove it. I think the worst thing for me attending Catholic school (next to having to go to mass three timems a week) was the sudden, abrupt shift from "God lvoes the little children, come to Jesus kiddies and all will be well" preaching to "You are all nothing but abunch of little sinners and if you don't do everything exactly as we tell you you're going to burn in hell for eternity".
This spastic change from love to punishment without due process is like...I don't know, God being BiPolar. it enver made sense to me. It still doesn't. Love they brother but kill the infidel. Thou shalt not kill but thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. The meek shall inherit th eEarth yet the Catholic church is the largest property owner in the world and I beleive the richest corporation (with the Mormons catching up fast). It makes my little blonde head spin.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   03-03-2007, 09:56 PM
BK Akitas Wrote:Trust dependable Ken to catch me in a rotten typo! Smile

Biggles I hear ya ...I went to parochial school for five incredibly depressing and angst ridden years. I have the scars- physical and emotional, to prove it. I think the worst thing for me attending Catholic school (next to having to go to mass three timems a week) was the sudden, abrupt shift from "God lvoes the little children, come to Jesus kiddies and all will be well" preaching to "You are all nothing but abunch of little sinners and if you don't do everything exactly as we tell you you're going to burn in hell for eternity".
This spastic change from love to punishment without due process is like...I don't know, God being BiPolar. it enver made sense to me. It still doesn't. Love they brother but kill the infidel. Thou shalt not kill but thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. The meek shall inherit th eEarth yet the Catholic church is the largest property owner in the world and I beleive the richest corporation (with the Mormons catching up fast). It makes my little blonde head spin.

Yow! It seems my experience of Catholic school was much different than that of others among the gang. I honestly had no idea it could be so bad.
BK Akitas   03-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Musta been nice Mike- I bet you didn't even have to learn latin. You suck Smile

I had to laugh at the hypocrisy of the Vatican when it made the ruling that using a surrogate to help bear a child was a no-no. Hmm, methinks they have forgotten, oh say MARY, not to mention the whole Jacob & Rachel with a little help from the ole handmaiden Bilah (sp?) ....I mean, really did they even READ the book?????

PS- we won today Smile 4 pt major on the boy Smile woohoo! and the babeis are doing great, fat n sassy, eyes open now and very active!

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   03-04-2007, 12:28 AM
BK Akitas Wrote:Musta been nice Mike- I bet you didn't even have to learn latin. You suck Smile

I had to laugh at the hypocrisy of the Vatican when it made the ruling that using a surrogate to help bear a child was a no-no. Hmm, methinks they have forgotten, oh say MARY, not to mention the whole Jacob & Rachel with a little help from the ole handmaiden Bilah (sp?) ....I mean, really did they even READ the book?????

PS- we won today Smile 4 pt major on the boy Smile woohoo! and the babeis are doing great, fat n sassy, eyes open now and very active!

Naw, BK, don't get me wrong--I see now how some souls had a bad time. All I'm saying is, =I = didn't. Guess maybe because my main memories are singing in the choir, and strutting my little stuff on stage. And never got on the bad side of Father Tim!:eek:
Biggles   03-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Here's the URL for the auction on eBay, 20 hours left as I post this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/F-Paul-Wilson-VIRGIN...dZViewItem

The book is certainly quite rare in this form, so have at it! I'm not bidding, as I have two of the original PBs and have ordered the new release. It won't be "cheap", but Virgins never are (sorry, that was entirely un-called for).

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Dave F   03-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Has this actually shipped yet

I have a shocklines order for it

Anyone got their copy yet?

The artist formally known as Britfan
ccosborne3   03-16-2007, 10:34 PM
There was a copy for sale this week on Ebay. Might still be there.
Alan   03-25-2007, 03:28 PM
fpw Wrote:Besides advancing it from a Millennial story to the present, I've made a few other changes, most notably the systematic destruction of every church / synagogue / mosque / temple / religious edifice in the world.

Did you consider doing a South Park homage like you did in Legacies? Having every religious edifice on earth except for the Mormom ones destroyed being one example.

I'll buy it regardless. I just found a copy of the 96 paperback at a used book store in Roswell and finished it last week. I enjoyed the book but didn't care for the priest too much. He wore civvies because he didn't want beggars bugging him when he went out on the town. But he was all high and mighty Mister Help The Homeless towards everyone else. I liked the Sister a lot. You hear so much about priests being weak and breaking their vows, it was nice to see the situation from a Nun's point of view.
Susan   03-25-2007, 05:12 PM
fpw Wrote:Besides advancing it from a Millennial story to the present, I've made a few other changes, most notably the systematic destruction of every church / synagogue / mosque / temple / religious edifice in the world.

Back to square one, folks. Time to start all over again. And this time, get it right.

Wait a minute, mister! You stole that idea from my thoughts. I've been MIND-NAPPED! Et tu, Effy?

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4