Pages (44):    1 10 11 12 13 14 44   
Don B   03-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Paul R Wrote:When Hurley & Co got the van running and were driving aimlessly around, I was on the edge of my seat waiting for them to drive over the brow of a hill only to discover the Losties hidden village. Bit disappointed when that didn't happen!
Liked this episode. Felt like season one again when we would have the occasional not-much-happening-but-fun-all-the-same episode dropped into the running order.

Yes! I liked thefact that Hurley not just been sitting on the beach while we were with Jack, Sawyer, and Kate, that he had been trying to deal with feeling helpless and concluded he needed to make his own luck. I liked the way Vincent just ran out of the jungle with a human arm holding a key. That the key came from an old VW Microbus (and the driver had been on a beer run when it crashed). I liked the way Hurley convinced Charlie to help him get the van running - knocked him upside the head and said he couldn't just sit around waiting for Desmond's prediction to come true, that they both needed a victory, needed hope. I liked Sawyer teaching Jin the three things a man needed to know when dealing with women. I liked the moment when the four of them stood on the top of the slope and looked down and Sawyer as usual says the thing that everybody was thinking. I liked the moment when when the van was hurtling down toweard the rocks and I wasn't sure whether Hurley and Charlie were going to crash and die or if the van was going to start. I liked it that the van started, that even though bad stuff had happened and was going to happen soon these two guys had a small victory, and that that moment was important.
Auskar   03-05-2007, 12:41 AM
Don B Wrote:I liked the moment when when the van was hurtling down toweard the rocks and I wasn't sure whether Hurley and Charlie were going to crash and die or if the van was going to start.
It never occurred to me, even for a moment, that Hurley might hit the rocks and go smash-crunch-bang.
Maggers   03-05-2007, 01:44 AM
Don B Wrote:Yes! I liked thefact that Hurley not just been sitting on the beach while we were with Jack, Sawyer, and Kate, that he had been trying to deal with feeling helpless and concluded he needed to make his own luck. I liked the way Vincent just ran out of the jungle with a human arm holding a key. That the key came from an old VW Microbus (and the driver had been on a beer run when it crashed). I liked the way Hurley convinced Charlie to help him get the van running - knocked him upside the head and said he couldn't just sit around waiting for Desmond's prediction to come true, that they both needed a victory, needed hope. I liked Sawyer teaching Jin the three things a man needed to know when dealing with women. I liked the moment when the four of them stood on the top of the slope and looked down and Sawyer as usual says the thing that everybody was thinking. I liked the moment when when the van was hurtling down toweard the rocks and I wasn't sure whether Hurley and Charlie were going to crash and die or if the van was going to start. I liked it that the van started, that even though bad stuff had happened and was going to happen soon these two guys had a small victory, and that that moment was important.

Nicely put. I watched this episode again, and on second viewing it does have the old sweetness of the first season, and a sense of fun. I just miss Locke. I want more of him.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Don B   03-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Maggers Wrote:I just miss Locke. I want more of him.

I agree. It seems odd that he has nearly disappeared from the stories. Hopefully it is because he will play a larger role later.
Paul R   03-06-2007, 06:44 AM
My one gripe with Lost is that people seem to complain about it no matter what happens. (And I'm not pointing the finger of blame at anyone in particular here; it's the same on many forums.)
It wasn't too long ago that people were moaning about the fact we never saw anything about The Others. Now they're berating the writers for focusing too much on them. When the series first started, people seemed to love the mystery aspect, that people really didn't know what was going on, yet now that seems to be what people don't like about the show.
Yes, there are gripes to be had - as with any show - but people seem to take it so personally and like to convince other people that their view is the right one. Jeez, it's just a TV show!
Rant over. And for the record, I love it. Haven't been hooked on a TV show so much for years. And I mean years. I preferred season one to season two and so far, season two to season three, but I still enjoy it. How will it end? What does it all mean? I've no idea and I suspect that, ultimately, the journey will be far better than the destination.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
Phew, nice to get that off my chest!:p
Lisa   03-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Then, of course, there are the people who complain about the complainers, apparently not understanding that you can love some things about a show but be annoyed by other aspects. Wink

I think it's fair to expect a BALANCE from the series. The first season had more of a balance between the mysteries, character development, and plot progression. I think viewers have become gradually frustrated by the plot points dropped in favor of The Others being Really Mean and Mysterious all the time.
Maggers   03-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Lisa Wrote:Then, of course, there are the people who complain about the complainers, apparently not understanding that you can love some things about a show but be annoyed by other aspects. Wink

I think it's fair to expect a BALANCE from the series. The first season had more of a balance between the mysteries, character development, and plot progression. I think viewers have become gradually frustrated by the plot points dropped in favor of The Others being Really Mean and Mysterious all the time.

Well said, my Queen, as usual. I am eagerly awaiting the reappearance of and explanation for the deadly smokey cloudy thing that smashed the life out of our beloved Mr. Eko.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

DaveStrorm   03-06-2007, 06:56 PM
From the latest Sci-Fi Weekly . . .

The writers added that there is more story coming for Locke, the troubled character played by Terry O'Quinn, who was in a wheelchair when he crashed onto the series' mysterious island. Why? "I don't want to give away anything, and I can't give away anything," Horowitz said with a laugh. "I value my job. But I will say that that episode, it's been a long time coming. It will create some new story paths for the audience to be interested in Locke. And we fully hope the question in everyone's head is answered, and they're all very happy with the answer and excited by it. But we're excited, because it has opened up some new things with that character that we hope you guys will like."
Auskar   03-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Lisa Wrote:Then, of course, there are the people who complain about the complainers, apparently not understanding that you can love some things about a show but be annoyed by other aspects.
And don't forget about the people complaining about those who complain about the complainers.... who still feel unexplainably drawn to a show that they love to complain about.
Paul R   03-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Lisa Wrote:Then, of course, there are the people who complain about the complainers, apparently not understanding that you can love some things about a show but be annoyed by other aspects. Wink
Hmmm. Yes, I probably asked for that. Still annoys me though.:p
Pages (44):    1 10 11 12 13 14 44