Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Maggers   01-30-2007, 07:59 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:I also catch it 'On Demand" (as well as Rome) and dont have that option.

New Yorkers get all the good stuff.Smile

It's only EXTRAS that shows a week in advance "on demand," which is an HBO function, not the cable carrier. I found that out from the carrier. I'm surprised it's not available elsewhere.

I watch and rewatch ROME "on demand." LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that show. But "on demand" doesn't show the coming attractions for ROME. As I said somewhere, the trailer for next week's ROME looks like some nasty stuff is coming for Servilia and that cheeky little slave who was having anal sex and poisoning the food, though not simultaneously. Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Marc   01-30-2007, 11:58 PM
Maggers Wrote:Marc, I can watch the next week's show on "HBO On Demand." So I'm not only catching up, I'm getting ahead of the game. You don't have that option?

Nope. They only appear On Demand the day after it officially airs. Who is your cable provider? We have Comcast.
Maggers   01-31-2007, 12:16 AM
Marc B. Wrote:Nope. They only appear On Demand the day after it officially airs. Who is your cable provider? We have Comcast.

Time Warner Cable

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

ccosborne3   02-11-2007, 02:55 PM
What's the deal with only six episodes a season? I know it was the same last year and The Office only had six episodes a year as well.

It equals out to three viewing hours a year. Kind of weak.

Is all British TV like this?
Marc   02-11-2007, 02:58 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:What's the deal with only six episodes a season? I know it was the same last year and The Office only had six episodes a year as well.

It seems like most British shows (at least sitcoms) are about 6 episodes. SPACED was like this too.
Maggers   02-11-2007, 03:01 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:What's the deal with only six episodes a season? I know it was the same last year and The Office only had six episodes a year as well.

I was thinking that, also. But this season I am not unhappy that there are so few episodes of EXTRAS because I've been so disappointed in the second season.

It's not funny; it's been the same show over and over again. The latest episode, which everyone else will see tonight for the first time but which we in NYC have been able to see all week, is particularly poor, or better put, made me squirm more than I ever wanted to. It's the episode with Sir Ian McKellan, and it should have been hilarious. I was actually angry with Andy Millman, Ricky Gervais' character, and the choices he made.

There's a super secret guest on the final episode, but I think I know who it is. We'll see how that one goes.

Is there going to be a third season of EXTRAS?

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Marc   02-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Maggers Wrote:The latest episode, which everyone else will see tonight for the first time but which we in NYC have been able to see all week, is particularly poor, or better put, made me squirm more than I ever wanted to. It's the episode with Sir Ian McKellan, and it should have been hilarious. I was actually angry with Andy Millman, Ricky Gervais' character, and the choices he made.

We watched the episode yesterday and I agree... it is very uncomfortable. Though from the previews for the final episode it looks like the second season has been building up to Andy freaking out. Hopefully the final episode will redeem the previous episodes.

Quote:There's a super secret guest on the final episode, but I think I know who it is. We'll see how that one goes.

Who do you think it is? I haven't been able to figure it out.
Maggers   02-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Who do you think it is? I haven't been able to figure it out.

Highlight to see....
Robert de Niro

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   02-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Marc B. Wrote:We watched the episode yesterday and I agree... it is very uncomfortable. Though from the previews for the final episode it looks like the second season has been building up to Andy freaking out. Hopefully the final episode will redeem the previous episodes.

Marc, earlier you said you hadn't been able to get the preview of the upcoming EXTRA episodes. Did you call your carrier and now you're getting them?

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

ccosborne3   02-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Maggers Wrote:The latest episode, which everyone else will see tonight for the first time but which we in NYC have been able to see all week

Actually, I saw that one last week too. Maybe my provider does do the Extras preview episode.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4