Pages (2): 1 2   
texasx96   01-02-2007, 06:49 PM
I stumbled upon Repairman Jack recently and decided to give the series a try. I was amazed to find out that not only can I not find them, but I can't find anything by FPW at all at the local bookstores.

I finally found one a few days ago, Harbinger. I hated to get it because I haven't read any of the books before it, but I got it anyway. It was great, but now I'm hungering for more and can't find it.

What's up with the lack of Wilson's stuff out there? Was he blackballed from the industry or something?
------------------------
Nevermind, I read the faq.
This post was last modified: 01-02-2007, 06:57 PM by texasx96.
Paul R   01-02-2007, 07:38 PM
texasx96 Wrote:I stumbled upon Repairman Jack recently and decided to give the series a try. I was amazed to find out that not only can I not find them, but I can't find anything by FPW at all at the local bookstores.
It's just a guess, but are you in the UK? Here in Sunny England, it's impossible to find anything by FPW. Definitely worth persevering in the search though, although these days I let my fingers do the hunting via the internet.
cobalt   01-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Welcome Texasx96. If the local bookstores don't have what you search for....try the old stand by....the net. Amazon, Barnes and Noble as well as the links you'll find in the top right of the board. Good luck and great reading in store for you!

EWMAN
XamberB   01-02-2007, 09:15 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Welcome Texasx96. If the local bookstores don't have what you search for....try the old stand by....the net. Amazon, Barnes and Noble as well as the links you'll find in the top right of the board. Good luck and great reading in store for you!

Alibris.com has a LOT of oldie goldies.

Welcome to the Board!

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
webby   01-02-2007, 09:49 PM
XamberB Wrote:Alibris.com has a LOT of oldie goldies.

Welcome to the Board!

Welcome, Texasx96!

You can always hunt eBay also, especially if you're looking for rare editions.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Silverfish   01-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the board! Many good reads await you.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
KRW   01-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Paul R Wrote:It's just a guess, but are you in the UK? Here in Sunny England, it's impossible to find anything by FPW. Definitely worth persevering in the search though, although these days I let my fingers do the hunting via the internet.

He has Texas in his sig.......Wink

But seriously texasx96, I've found most of my Wilson collection in the used book store. Second place comes to the internet. Happy hunting!
Maggers   01-03-2007, 12:14 AM
Welcome to the board!

It's frustrating, isn't it, not being able to get your FPW fix at the local bookstore. I live in the heart of NYC and I still can't find FPW's books.

Like Ken (KRW), I found most of my Wilson collection on the internet, through amazon.com used books and others. I've got a nice collection, too.

So it's a treasure hunt, but what a pot of gold awaits you in your search for F. Paul Wilson's books.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Medusa   01-03-2007, 01:57 AM
Welcome to the board from one Texan to another! What part of Texas do you call home?

I've found the books on all of the above. As well as my local library. Once a month it sells extra books. All kinds of treasures!
Dr. Trilobite   01-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Most stores I've been in have at least 2 or 3 titles. I even saw Infernal in a supermarket. I make sure my own store always has a copy of The Keep and the entire RJ series.
Pages (2): 1 2