Pages (2):    1 2
Maggers   01-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:What's the mystery? Yet another chunk of King Penguin's monstrous plot.

I've no idea what your talking about.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Maggers Wrote:I've no idea what your talking about.

Erased yer mem'ry, did he, did King Penguin? Well, he's good at that. See the A MONSTROUS CHRISTMAS REVELATION thread for the, uh, monstrous details, Maggers. If you dare.
Maggers   01-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Erased yer mem'ry, did he, did King Penguin? Well, he's good at that. See the A MONSTROUS CHRISTMAS REVELATION thread for the, uh, monstrous details, Maggers. If you dare.

I'll pass. "Happy Feet" was enough.
This post was last modified: 01-01-2007, 04:41 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Maggers Wrote:I'll pass.

A wise decision.
jimbow8   01-02-2007, 11:10 AM
The first time I saw the trailer for Happy Feet was quite enough for me.

March of the Penguins was incredible but was even a little too much. OMG the situations that penguins have to go through.....

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Sourdoughs   01-02-2007, 03:34 PM
I haven't yet seen March of the Penguins, but will.

I took my 4-year-old and 7-year-old to it. They enjoyed it, liked all the cutsie parts. I did NOT like it, for the same reasons mentioned here as well as it having a useless, preachy side story that really bothered me.

-MarcC
saynomore   01-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Sourdoughs Wrote:I haven't yet seen March of the Penguins, but will.

I took my 4-year-old and 7-year-old to it. They enjoyed it, liked all the cutsie parts. I did NOT like it, for the same reasons mentioned here as well as it having a useless, preachy side story that really bothered me.

-MarcC

Yes, definitely for the kids. Shrek this wasn't. Almost as bad as Moulin Rouge. But I did enjoy the zoo sequence. It was like watching Donald Duck tossed into a poultry farm.

However, I must defend George Miller, who took some risks with the BABE movies, instead of remaking Mad Max ad infinitum. I mean, who wants to see Max Max IV anyway.

AC

P.S. I do.
Scott Miller   04-02-2007, 07:07 AM
The movie is obnoxious to the extreme, but my kids loved it and were dancing/drumming up a storm which only added to the obnoxiousness. Definitely one best left to the kiddos. I did enjoy getting to hear Steve Irwin on the extras though.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (2):    1 2