Pages (2):    1 2
Ken Valentine   07-07-2004, 01:07 AM
Lisa Wrote:Hi Ken,

Thanks for the effort though. Smile

Lisa

You're welcome.

Ken V.
Richard Kendrick   07-07-2004, 01:12 PM
I was in X-Files bliss last night. Four episodes in a row on TNT (The two episodes in the middle were "to be continued", very cool). They started at 11:00 pm. Every time I was getting ready to go to bed another one came on. The only thing that sucks about catching the X-files like this, for the first time, is that they are all out of order. I am really going to need to get all of these on DVD.

RIK
jimbow8   07-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Richard Kendrick Wrote:I was in X-Files bliss last night. Four episodes in a row on TNT (The two episodes in the middle were "to be continued", very cool). They started at 11:00 pm. Every time I was getting ready to go to bed another one came on. The only thing that sucks about catching the X-files like this, for the first time, is that they are all out of order. I am really going to need to get all of these on DVD.

RIK
I watched the X-Files nearly from the beginning (mid first season) and yes, it would be hard to follow the main "alien" story-line if viewed out of order. There were plenty of good (sometimes better) episodes, however, that were stand-alone and had nothing to do with that plot. (My favorites are probably the werewolf episode and the "Andy Taylor"/inbreeding episode - I have rarely been as frightened as I was in that episode.) The last season or so of the series (after Mulder/Duchovny leaves the show) weren't enough to hold my attention. They weren't necessarily bad, I just didn't care anymore.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Lisa   07-09-2004, 12:42 PM
The episodes on TNT are pretty much in order, with the exception that they tend to show the mytharc (alien stuff) two and three parters all in a row and then show the monster eps (non-alien stuff) after. But they are showing it by season in order. This next week they're showing the end of season 5 and the beginning of season 6.

BTW, I ordered up the bootleg season 2 so I'll let you know how the quality, etc, is when it gets here.

Lisa
Richard Kendrick   07-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Lisa Wrote:The episodes on TNT are pretty much in order, with the exception that they tend to show the mytharc (alien stuff) two and three parters all in a row and then show the monster eps (non-alien stuff) after. But they are showing it by season in order. This next week they're showing the end of season 5 and the beginning of season 6.

Isn't that where the movie fit in.. Between those two seasons? From what I was watching the other night it sure seems like that must be getting close.

Quote:BTW, I ordered up the bootleg season 2 so I'll let you know how the quality, etc, is when it gets here.

Lisa

Awesome. Thanks.

RIK
Lisa   07-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Yes, the movie goes between seasons five and six, so if you wanted to watch everything in order you'd watch season five, then the movie, then season six. Some people don't like the movie but I think it's great. It's equivalent to two episodes of the show with a huge budget. Stuff blows up and there's a giant UFO! What could be better? Big Grin

Lisa
Ken Valentine   07-10-2004, 07:54 AM
Lisa Wrote:Yes, the movie goes between seasons five and six, so if you wanted to watch everything in order you'd watch season five, then the movie, then season six. Some people don't like the movie but I think it's great. It's equivalent to two episodes of the show with a huge budget. Stuff blows up and there's a giant UFO! What could be better? Big Grin

Lisa

The only X-Files I've ever seen is the movie. I thought it was pretty good.

Ken (thinking I'm going to have to look into getting the series myself) V.
Richard Kendrick   07-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Lisa Wrote:Yes, the movie goes between seasons five and six, so if you wanted to watch everything in order you'd watch season five, then the movie, then season six. Some people don't like the movie but I think it's great. It's equivalent to two episodes of the show with a huge budget. Stuff blows up and there's a giant UFO! What could be better? Big Grin

Lisa

Up until about a month ago the movie was the only X-files I had ever seen. So far the show has been really good. I have not really even minded the episodes I've seen that must have come towards the end of the series.

RIK
Pages (2):    1 2