Pages (2):    1 2
webby   04-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Maggers Wrote:I just think the thought of you slapping Tarantino is hilarious. Not punching him, just slapping him. Funny image. I can hear him screaming in a high pitched girly voice, "Stop SLAPPING me!"

webby Wrote:Mostly I just think it would be funny to see you, or anyone, try to slap him around. Sounds like something straight out of Pulp Fiction. Wink

[Image: yeah.gif] Ha ha ha ha! Peas in a pod, I swear...

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maggers   04-09-2007, 11:09 PM
webby Wrote:[Image: yeah.gif] Ha ha ha ha! Peas in a pod, I swear...

We'll meet up someday, Webby, and the world will have to WATCH OUT! Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

ccosborne3   04-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Maggers Wrote:I used to, but what you said about his characters all sounding like him just pointed out how he's lost something over the years...like maybe good sense.

It's actually the opposite. He just cannibalizes himself. None of the actors in the film were actually acting, they were just acting like Tarantino. Seriously, if you do go see it, try to catch a clip of him on Youtube beforehand so you can see how ALL of the actors in Deathproof sound just like him.

It's creepy.
saynomore   04-11-2007, 12:29 AM
You're better off seeing the original Grindhouse movies than a remake of Grindhouse movies. Wait for the rental. Or better yet rent Kentucky Fried Movie, which did a better job of doing a wink-wink, nod-nod at 70s exploitation flicks. Especially "A Fistful of Yen." LOL.

AC
bones weep tedium   04-11-2007, 09:30 AM
I think Tarantino is a victim of his own success a little bit. I think he's so big and famous he is allowed to be a little too self indulgent, the result of which is the cannabilism that someone else mentioned, or some sort of filmic onansim.

Reservoir Dogs was a clever, funny and violent little film. It really stands out amongst his later work as a little bit rougher, a little bit edgier. This might just be a symptom of the budget he was working to, or it might represent a different direction he might have taken.

His latest stuff is like a cartoon compared with RDogs. Gone are the clever plots, the complicated structure and all the good stuff that RD and Pulp Fiction gave us. The moments of idiosyncratic flair that livened up Pulp Fiction (the Buddy Holly restaurant, Mr Wolf charater) have taken over.

QT has turned into a bit of a broken record. Pulp Fiction was a tribute to his love of dime novels, exploitation films and retro style. Jackie Brown was a tribute to blaxploitation films and dime novels. Kill Bill is his magnum opus tribute to exploitation films and retro style. Grindhouse is his very latest tribute to exploitation films. FFS we get it, okay? Move on to something else or go away!

Or maybe that's just post-modernism for you.
jimbow8   04-15-2007, 03:56 PM
I actually liked Planet Terror a bit more than Death Proof, surprisingly, though it had more gross out factor than I care for. Death Proof had too much "down time" in between the action, but the ending was awesome. I'm afraid to say more.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   09-04-2007, 05:39 AM
Today, after the work, I went to a theatre and at last I saw Death Proof! Big Grin

It was really great and I liked it. It was not double-feature(Death Proof+Planet Terror), so I saw international version (114 min). Cool

Honestly, first 20 min was boring girls talk, but after Stuntman Mike's appeared, "Now that's Tarantino movie!" Especially Kurt Russell. Stuntman Mike was extremely cool character since Snake Prisken. But his last was.....Big Grin

"Death Proof" is a unique film. Extreme dialogue, driven bad girls, bloody high speed highway carnage, they were extremely effective. It would be no mistake to note that this is the sexiest movie Tarantino has made by far.

We can see "Planet Terror" from Sep 22. I'm looking forward to seeing it!
Kenji   09-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Today I saw Planet Terror in a theatre. Also it's international version.

[SIZE="7"]Wow!!! Big Grin [/SIZE]

It's typical disgusting creepy zombie movie but I liked it a lot. Especially, Rose McGowan's machinegun-foot was too cool! Cool
Pages (2):    1 2