Pages (2): 1 2   
fpw   12-15-2006, 10:39 AM
[SIZE="3"]Steve Feldman, world's greatest fan of the film, posted this to YouTube. It's much closer to the book.[/SIZE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEz_wpHWRfA

He also posted these:

Molasar begins to take form in "The Keep" (02:57)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a5EPD-6lsM

Major Kaempffer (Gabriel Byrne) meets Molasar in "The Keep" (00:59)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcn41LbTqBU

Regular ending to "The Keep": Glaeken disappears (05:07)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri-TEkZyDNM

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
cobalt   12-15-2006, 11:01 AM
I know I'm in the minority, but I liked the movie. Maybe it's because that was how I was introduced to the works of FPW. Been hooked since then!

EWMAN
jimbow8   12-15-2006, 11:05 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:I know I'm in the minority, but I liked the movie. Maybe it's because that was how I was introduced to the works of FPW. Been hooked since then!
Ditto, ditto, and ditto. Big Grin

Paul, you should write a reply on those youtube pages. He'd probably appreciate it. Wink

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Marc   12-15-2006, 11:35 AM
It's interesting some of the music sounds exactly like "Walking in the Air" that was in the animated film The Snowman. Don't know which was first though... that or this or who borrowed whose music.
Keith the Elder   12-15-2006, 12:14 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Steve Feldman, world's greatest fan of the film, posted this to YouTube. It's much closer to the book.[/SIZE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEz_wpHWRfA

I saw this ending on the one time only showing on TV (NBC). I had it on VHS but somehow the tape was overwritten and this version was, until now, lost forever

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
webby   12-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Wow, they sure worked the fog machine in that movie. I've never seen it and I think I'll keep it that way...

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jimbow8   12-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Marc B. Wrote:It's interesting some of the music sounds exactly like "Walking in the Air" that was in the animated film The Snowman. Don't know which was first though... that or this or who borrowed whose music.
Marc, in the "Extended Ending" link, in the long description, he mentions:

[INDENT]The music heard throughout is Tangerine Dream's adaptation of "Walking in the Air" by Howard Blake, from his "the Snowman" soundtrack, done in the style of their 1982 live album LOGOS -- but with a long grinding middle section and a romantic end section. . . .[/INDENT]

Good ear! Big Grin

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Sourdoughs   12-15-2006, 01:59 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:I know I'm in the minority, but I liked the movie. Maybe it's because that was how I was introduced to the works of FPW. Been hooked since then!

Did you see the movie before reading the book? I read the book first and had high expectations for the movie.

FPW, thanks for posting this. It's interesting to see both original and extended versions.

-MarcC
Jay #1   12-15-2006, 02:01 PM
off topic, but don't ever see the Star Wars Christmas Special. If that'd been my first intro....

cobalt   12-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Sourdoughs Wrote:Did you see the movie before reading the book? I read the book first and had high expectations for the movie.

FPW, thanks for posting this. It's interesting to see both original and extended versions.

-MarcC
I saw the movie first, then ran to the book store the next day for the book.

EWMAN
Pages (2): 1 2