Barry Lee Dejasu   12-12-2006, 08:50 AM
I'm re-reading Legacies for the first time since I first read it back in...phew, 2000, 2001 maybe. I could have sworn there was a part at the beginning when Jack was with Gia and he referred to a certain group of "Blue Meanies" (the rakoshi, for those who might have not yet had their coffee). But not once did that pop up in this read - is there some kind of difference in the text of this new edition of Legacies, or am I just confusing the book with another one (which would be odd for me)?

It's been nagging me ever since reading Jack's brief scene with Gia towards the beginning (whence I thought this reference took place).

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Ken Valentine   12-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:I could have sworn there was a part at the beginning when Jack was with Gia and he referred to a certain group of "Blue Meanies" (the rakoshi, for those who might have not yet had their coffee). But not once did that pop up in this read - is there some kind of difference in the text of this new edition of Legacies, or am I just confusing the book with another one (which would be odd for me)?

If you're referring to the actual phrase Blue Meanies, I've never seen it in any of the RJ novels, it's definitely not in my copy of Legacies.

Ken V.
Paul R   12-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Although I don't know exactly where, I'm pretty sure that I've read it too. Might be time to reread Legacies and have a look.
Dave F   12-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Paul R Wrote:Although I don't know exactly where, I'm pretty sure that I've read it too. Might be time to reread Legacies and have a look.

I'm sure it rang a bell with me too, but my GF has loaned my copy out so I can't check

Bloody women (runs & hides very quickly)

The artist formally known as Britfan
fpw   12-12-2006, 11:10 PM
[SIZE="3"]Haven't checked, but I think I called them that in "A Day in the Life."[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Barry Lee Dejasu   12-13-2006, 08:35 AM
fpw Wrote:Haven't checked, but I think I called them that in "A Day in the Life."

Ohhhh, you know? That's probably where I saw it. I read "A Day in the Life" shortly after Legacies, I think, and so (assuming it was there) I probably just mixed the two up. Silly me.

Thanks F., and everyone.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]