redheadmargo   11-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Is anybody else liking this show, too?
Marc   11-30-2006, 09:29 PM
I gave it five episodes but it annoyed me so I stopped watching.
Crusader556   11-30-2006, 09:43 PM
So far it's been good and I'll be watching next season too.
Auskar   11-30-2006, 09:46 PM
I watched part of the first episode. It just looked like it was going to be too TV-ish. "A school bus is missing! Let's go find the school bus! Help find the poor missing children in the school bus!" I figured if the pilot had writing that lame, the rest of it would go downhill at some point.
This post was last modified: 11-30-2006, 09:49 PM by Auskar.
Silverfish   12-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Well, I thought about it, but then I decided to follow Eureka instead. Boy, was I glad I did. Eureka is so funny. I'm sad that it's only going to be reruns now. The finale was last Sunday.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
webby   10-22-2009, 10:36 PM
redheadmargo Wrote:Is anybody else liking this show, too?

Yes!! Me!

Ok, I know I'm waaaay late to the party but I'm not much of a tv watcher. And I admit I'm a pushover for TEOTWAWKI* stories - have been ever since I read my first TEOTWAWKI novel at about age 11 - but I really like Jericho.

The show got so much better around the middle of season one. They started doing away with the more soap opera-ish storylines and got serious. Some pretty intense and some very surprising things happened by the end of the first season. Season two (I only have four left to watch) is also very good.

What happened is - a few weeks ago somebody mentioned Jericho in a comment on the web somewhere and I remembered that I thought it had sounded pretty interesting. So I went looking for it on the web.

I found full episodes available online (here) and I watched all of season one over about three weeks. The season two episodes there, unfortunately, are "with commentary" and you can't turn it off. I tried to watch that way, but it was far too annoying.

I couldn't find full episodes of season two anywhere else for free, so I ended up signing up with Netflix again ( a free trial) - mainly so I could watch these episodes online! Big Grin

(Actually, I'm really liking the Netflix online service. I'll probably stick with them for that at least. )

Anyway - if you didn't catch this show when it was on the air or if you gave up on it too soon, I definitely recommend giving it a look now.

*TEOTWAWKI = The End Of The World As We Know It

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Silverfish   12-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Jericho is back! ...in comic book form.

http://www.tfaw.com/blog/2009/10/29/excl...-season-3/

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
webby   12-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Silverfish Wrote:Jericho is back! ...in comic book form.

http://www.tfaw.com/blog/2009/10/29/excl...-season-3/

Stephanie

:thumbsup:

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Silverfish   12-06-2009, 12:46 PM
I don't even watch the show. I saw this and posted it for you Webby.

Stephanie

Medusa   09-02-2011, 08:14 PM
And Webby thought she was late to this party! I'm REALLY late! I just finally watched this on my Netflix streaming. Watched the first two episodes and I like it a lot. I'm really into that post apocalyptic stuff. It reminds me a little of a modern Alas Babylon. I'm going to watch a few more and see if its worth watching them all.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!