Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6
webby   12-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Lisa Wrote:I will say that Missouri is not on the agenda. Here's our list of possibilities for future GUs:

London
NYC
"GU Cruise"
New Jersey

The next GU will most likely be in one of those places.

As Maggers mentioned, Marc's wedding is this summer in Chicago so we are focusing our efforts there right now. We may well have the GU-6 in Chicago again as a result. This would allow some of our old friends to attend as well (Scooter, I'm looking at you!).
Lisa

Yeah, I only keep mentioning Missouri since there's actually a big event coming up this summer that lots of people here might like.

Chicago would be cool for an actual GU. That would just be a few hours on the road from here. Cool

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maggers   12-13-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm thrilled to be going to Chicago this summer, and if we can get an official GU going there after the wedding, that would be great. I bet there are lots of folks who could make it to Chicago.

http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...php?t=3755

I just took a look at the Tower of Terror photo again and starting laughing. My god, that was hilarious!
This post was last modified: 12-13-2006, 04:06 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Dave F   12-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Although I'm quite new here I'd love to attend, particularly as I've never been to the US.

Must admit NYC would appeal, as would anywhere east coast ish (my GF is a bad flyer I might just coax her to the east coast - any further and I've no chance)

The artist formally known as Britfan
webby   12-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Britfan Wrote:Although I'm quite new here I'd love to attend, particularly as I've never been to the US.

Must admit NYC would appeal, as would anywhere east coast ish (my GF is a bad flyer I might just coax her to the east coast - any further and I've no chance)

Not to suggest sneakiness or anything, but how well does your GF know US geography? Because if you're standing on Lake Shore Drive in Chicago facing east, that huge body of water you see (Lake Michigan) may as well be the ocean if don't know otherwise. Big Grin

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scott Hajek   12-14-2006, 10:55 AM
webby Wrote:Not to suggest sneakiness or anything, but how well does your GF know US geography? Because if you're standing on Lake Shore Drive in Chicago facing east, that huge body of water you see (Lake Michigan) may as well be the ocean if don't know otherwise. Big Grin

You mean it's not the ocean??? Great! Now I need more therapy....

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6