Pages (3):    1 2 3
Auskar   11-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Was the wonderful Wasp a member of the =originals=? Thought she joined later.
Dude! The Wasp was Ant-Man's wife. She was one of the originals.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-22-2006, 11:07 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Yep, you're right! My bad

What about The Vision?!?!? Big Grin

The Vision joined much later. I've been hoping for Marvel to reprint the great 3-part Avengers vs. Count Nefaria books. WHAT a story! Some years ago, I met Jim Shooter, the writer, in Bull McCabe's Irish Pub. He knew my dear friend Bluesman James, stopped in to say hello and chill his gums. Once I knew who he was, I couldn't stop quoting great lines from those books to him. Nefaria: "Next to Thor, I consider you the most dangerous, Iron Man. Therefore, you die first." Wonder Man: "I was afraid, Nefaria. I =know= what it's like to die. But any other Avenger would have pulped you by now." Thor: "Beware, Nafaria--I have returned to the fray, and my rage is like a burning fire!" The Scarlet
Witch "Very impressive, Thor. But I for one am sick of your last-minute appearances and your overblown godhood. If there is any whom Nafaria should fear, it is the Scarlet Witch--behold!" And Jim said, "Jesus Christ--you know it better than I do!"Cool
jimbow8   11-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:The Vision joined much later. I've been hoping for Marvel to reprint the great 3-part Avengers vs. Count Nefaria books. WHAT a story! Some years ago, I met Jim Shooter, the writer, in Bull McCabe's Irish Pub. He knew my dear friend Bluesman James, stopped in to say hello and chill his gums. Once I knew who he was, I couldn't stop quoting great lines from those books to him. Nefaria: "Next to Thor, I consider you the most dangerous, Iron Man. Therefore, you die first." Wonder Man: "I was afraid, Nefaria. I =know= what it's like to die. But any other Avenger would have pulped you by now." Thor: "Beware, Nafaria--I have returned to the fray, and my rage is like a burning fire!" The Scarlet
Witch "Very impressive, Thor. But I for one am sick of your last-minute appearances and your overblown godhood. If there is any whom Nafaria should fear, it is the Scarlet Witch--behold!" And Jim said, "Jesus Christ--you know it better than I do!"Cool
I don't actually know comics very well at all. I had (still have) one comic which has become my favorite: Avengers #147 (The SQUADRON SINISTER Stikes Again!)

[Image: Avengers%20147.jpg]

Apparently, you can buy a GN of The Serpent Crown (#141-144 and #147-149) at Amazon. Big Grin I might have to get that some time soon.

I found this; you might find it interesting.

http://www.steveenglehart.com/Comics/

Edit: Auskar, you'll like that cover. It says "... all of us are DOOMED!" LOL! Big Grin
This post was last modified: 11-22-2006, 11:15 PM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-22-2006, 11:19 PM
Auskar Wrote:Dude! The Wasp was Ant-Man's wife. She was one of the originals.

You are correct, Auskar. But I don't believe women should be put in harm's way, and that's why I forgot.Rolleyes
Auskar   11-22-2006, 11:25 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:What about The Vision?!?!? Big Grin
The Vision was later, included in the lineup that also had the Scarlet Witch and her brother, the fast guy (what was his name?)... Quicksilver.
Amon   11-23-2006, 12:05 AM
Getting back to the original topic, the hysterical-strength phenomenon may be attributed to adrenaline, but if you want to take a more metaphysical and esoteric stance on it, it might be instinctive tapping of spirit-energy, or 'chi,' as it's referred to as in the Far East.

I remember seeing a TV special once about martial arts, and it featured these specially trained martial artists who had the ability to withstand thousands of pounds of force aimed at their vital areas without so much as a scratch, because they supposedly had the ability to channel their 'ki,' or inner-energy. Not sure if it was authentic or not, but it looked pretty real when I saw it, and it was astounding.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Amon Wrote:Getting back to the original topic, the hysterical-strength phenomenon may be attributed to adrenaline, but if you want to take a more metaphysical and esoteric stance on it, it might be instinctive tapping of spirit-energy, or 'chi,' as it's referred to as in the Far East.

I remember seeing a TV special once about martial arts, and it featured these specially trained martial artists who had the ability to withstand thousands of pounds of force aimed at their vital areas without so much as a scratch, because they supposedly had the ability to channel their 'ki,' or inner-energy. Not sure if it was authentic or not, but it looked pretty real when I saw it, and it was astounding.

This old Fortean will testify, both through personal experience and research, there is =plenty= going on we don't have clue #1 about.
Pages (3):    1 2 3