Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Dave F   11-14-2006, 08:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0zJxL0CHa0

This is out in 2 weeks over here

5 stars on Empire and the trailer looks interesting

Anyone know anything more about it?

The artist formally known as Britfan
cobalt   11-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Now that looks interesting. I haven't heard about it, but I sure as hell wanna see it.

EWMAN
Kenji   11-15-2006, 07:38 AM
Britfan Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0zJxL0CHa0

This is out in 2 weeks over here

5 stars on Empire and the trailer looks interesting

Anyone know anything more about it?

Wow! This is....beautiful movie!

Director is Guillermo del Toro! I want to see remake version "The Keep" by him. He would make excellent Molasar.
XamberB   12-30-2006, 10:36 AM
I saw Pan's Labyrinth yesterday. The movie is beautifully made - the acting is wonderful. True, the story is a very dark one. I had to cover my eyes at times, but would highly recommend this movie.

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
Paige   12-30-2006, 02:01 PM
i really want to see this one, but i don't know when I'll have the chance. I'll have to try to rope one of my friend's to go with...

Reminds me vaguely of Borges....or maybe it's cause I've been reading him a little too much lately....hmm...

"Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal."
Death Talks About Life Neil Gaiman
Auskar   12-30-2006, 04:03 PM
I saw the trailer at the theater some time ago. I don't see fantasy movies as a rule, but intend to make an exception for this one - partially because it appears to be well done and partially because of Guillermo del Toro.
Paige   12-31-2006, 09:55 PM
Just came home from watching it. Wow, what an amazing piece of cinematography. Without a doubt one of the top three films I've seen all year. I grew up on faerie tales. Absolutely loved them. Still do. They just meta morphed into sci-fi, fantasy and horror.

It did remind me a little bit of House of Leaves and the Carnivorous Lamb, even though the two books don't actually have anything in common with each other.

"Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal."
Death Talks About Life Neil Gaiman
XamberB   01-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Paige Wrote:Just came home from watching it. Wow, what an amazing piece of cinematography. Without a doubt one of the top three films I've seen all year. I grew up on faerie tales. Absolutely loved them. Still do. They just meta morphed into sci-fi, fantasy and horror.

It did remind me a little bit of House of Leaves and the Carnivorous Lamb, even though the two books don't actually have anything in common with each other.

Throw in a tiny bit of Willow and a LOT of Hannibal...

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
Maggers   01-01-2007, 09:32 PM
XamberB Wrote:Throw in a tiny bit of Willow and a LOT of Hannibal...

YIKES! This movie has cannibalism?

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Maggers Wrote:YIKES! This movie has cannibalism?

Yes. But it's tastefully portrayed.
Pages (3): 1 2 3