Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Mark Alfred   10-28-2006, 07:39 PM
OK, as a newbie I didn't know about the 500 other threads on the topic. But it could have been predicted, I agree.

Here's a little "dream-casting" -- if you could go back in time about 30 years and have Abe Vigoda from about 1975 behind the counter of Isher's, I think that's be nifty-keen!

BTW -- In the early books, Abe was in his middle fifties. All of a sudden, in GATEWAYS, supposedly 18 months-2 years after THE TOMB, he's on the "wrong side of 60."

Mark Alfred
http://markssuperblog.blogspot.com/

There is a right and a wrong in the universe,
and most of the time that distinction is not
hard to make.
This post was last modified: 10-28-2006, 07:42 PM by Mark Alfred.
Auskar   10-28-2006, 07:47 PM
When "24" began, Keifer was playing a character ten years older than his actual age. Perhaps that has something to do with why he looks older than his true age. Perception.

Still, I don't picture him as Jack.
Ken Valentine   10-29-2006, 02:13 AM
Maggers Wrote:This has to be the 654th thread about who'd play RJ.

At least!

This discussion has been going on for years . . . even on the old board. Big Grin

Ken V.
Ken Valentine   10-29-2006, 02:19 AM
Auskar Wrote:When "24" began, Keifer was playing a character ten years older than his actual age. Perhaps that has something to do with why he looks older than his true age. Perception.

Still, I don't picture him as Jack.

Way too much time has passed. Originally, I think FPW had envisioned Viggo Mortensen as Jack, and IIRC, he was thinking of Jack Weston when he wrote the character Abe.

Ken V.
Ken Valentine   10-29-2006, 02:29 AM
Mark Alfred Wrote:OK, as a newbie I didn't know about the 500 other threads on the topic. But it could have been predicted, I agree.

Here's a little "dream-casting" -- if you could go back in time about 30 years and have Abe Vigoda from about 1975 behind the counter of Isher's, I think that's be nifty-keen!

Abe Vogoda is a good actor, but he's 6'4", and very much on the lean side, while Abe Grossman is 5'8" and significantly overweight.

Speaking of going back 30 years, when FPW wrote Abe's character, the had Jack Weston in mind.

Quote:BTW -- In the early books, Abe was in his middle fifties. All of a sudden, in GATEWAYS, supposedly 18 months-2 years after THE TOMB, he's on the "wrong side of 60."

Yeah, there were a few inconsistancies. It happens.

Ken V.
Kenji   10-29-2006, 05:35 AM
I don't remember how many times I said this name....Cole Houser. Still he is Repairman Jack in my mind.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0322259/S...er,%20Cole
Auskar   10-29-2006, 05:43 AM
I know I'm out of touch because I visit the site intermittently, but didn't we have the infamous "ACTOR WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED" already involved with a Repairman Jack script with certain scenes moved from India to China?
Ken Valentine   10-29-2006, 05:49 AM
Auskar Wrote:I know I'm out of touch because I visit the site intermittently, but didn't we have the infamous "ACTOR WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED" already involved with a Repairman Jack script with certain scenes moved from India to China?

Yes, but it seems that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-Upon-Pain-Of-Death has opted out for some reason.

Ken V.
luthie2   10-29-2006, 01:17 PM
Although we've had many posts on this topic, it's always fun to see people's opinions on who would be good to play our favorite characters - especialy from new members who bring in new opinions. Skeet Ulrich is definitely an interesting choice for Jack.

Welcome to the board, Mark Alfred and Al-Dog. Smile

-Luthie
Lon   10-29-2006, 01:24 PM
I've always thought Ed Norton would make a good Jack. Everyman looks veneered over a bottomless pit of rage.

Coming Soon:
"Something to Hold the Door Closed" in Frontier Cthulhu

[SIZE="1"]Web: www.lonprater.com
LJ: lonfiction.livejournal.com[/SIZE]
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6