RepairmanJack.com Forums
Casting Call for RJ - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Casting Call for RJ (/thread-1990.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Casting Call for RJ - Mark Alfred - 10-28-2006

[Image: skeet.jpg]As I keep watching CBS's JERICHO, I can't help thinking that Skeet Ulrich, who plays Jake Green, would be a great Jack. He's got a nondescript face and compact form. Plus his character's expertise on about everything (suggesting spy-type training) also fits in with RJ's M.O.
Any other ideas?

Mark Alfred
http://markssuperblog.blogspot.com/

There is a right and a wrong in the universe,
and most of the time that distinction is not
hard to make.

Casting Call for RJ - webby - 10-28-2006

Welcome to the board, Mark!

I dunno though - I think Skeet has too much of a baby face. I'm sticking with
James Caviezel. Smile

Casting Call for RJ - Auskar - 10-28-2006

I don't watch Jericho, so I don't know. Webby's choice seems good, though.

The thing about the movies is that they are different than books. Though Jack is non-descript and "average" in the novels, you've had ten novels to explore his character and learn that he is anything BUT average. In a movie, you have about 90 minutes or so, perhaps a little more.

He's got to look like he can be a hero. Webby's choice seems to work.

Casting Call for RJ - Manda_W - 10-28-2006

I had never thought of Skeet, but it has some potential. He could totally do the Jack in the Red look.

Casting Call for RJ - Maggers - 10-28-2006

Skeet Ulrich doesn't do it for me as Jack. James Cavieziel positively creeps me out (sorry, Webby). I'll stick with Edward Norton.

This has to be the 654th thread about who'd play RJ.

Casting Call for RJ - Dave F - 10-28-2006

I know it will probably be unpopular, but me & my partner both think Keifer Sutherland is the one

Personally I have always liked him, my main reason is I am sure he can do a convincing portrayal of Jacks darker side

Casting Call for RJ - Al-Dog - 10-28-2006

Ulrich wasn’t on my radar screen until I saw Jericho, but I was thinking he would make good Jack as well. The problem with James Cavieziel is that he is so unusual looking that he would be noticed and Keifer Sutherland looks to old to be Jack.

Al-Dog Wrote:Ulrich wasn’t on my radar screen until I saw Jericho, but I was thinking he would make good Jack as well. The problem with James Cavieziel is that he is so unusual looking that he would be noticed and Keifer Sutherland looks to old to be Jack.

I agree Keifer is no spring chicken, but Ulrich looks like he just out of diapers

Jacks has years of experience as a fix it man - and life has been pretty stressful for the guy.

I just think some of the actors being suggested look a bit fresh faced, for me Ulrich falls into that from the picture you posted - it maybe that I need to take a closer lok on the web

OK Keifer is 39, I see Jack as somewhere in his 30's (can't recal his actual age)

OK I'll reply to myself

Had a better look at Skeet on IMDb

I take it back - he looks like he might have promise & his age is an excellent match

Casting Call for RJ - Al-Dog - 10-28-2006

Britfan Wrote:I agree Keifer is no spring chicken, but Ulrich looks like he just out of diapers

Jacks has years of experience as a fix it man - and life has been pretty stressful for the guy.

I just think some of the actors being suggested look a bit fresh faced, for me Ulrich falls into that from the picture you posted - it maybe that I need to take a closer lok on the web

OK Keifer is 39, I see Jack as somewhere in his 30's (can't recal his actual age)
I always thought that Keifer looked a lot older than his actual age. That's why I said he looks too old. But if you want to account for stress, maybe.

What I like about Ulrich is that he isn't a pretty boy and he looks like someone from New Jersey/New York.