Pages (3):    1 2 3
tenebroust   10-23-2006, 11:35 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Be careful of what you'e encouraging, Biggles! Why, man, don't you know that here in the Big Town I've seen it all? In my workplace, on the 2nd floor, the fiction floor, I've stood aghast as desperate Paul Wilson addicts roll on the floor, sobbing and snotting, even reaching for a Joe Konrath novel to ease their agony. Just like a poor fucked-up junkie plunging a spike full of Drano into his arm. Not a pretty sight.

God! How true is that! FPW and other favorite authors of mine just can't write fast enough to keep me satisfied, and then it's off to whatever peddler of paper dreams I can find to hold me over until a new one comes out.

Make copies for yourself YOU HANGMAN ROPE GANGSTER SCUM-ON-TOP! Laugh your MAD GIGGLE NOW!
Francis E. Dec Esquire
Visit the Official Francis E. Dec fan club at http://www.bentoandstarchky.com

For the politically active you might like my website at:
http://www.platformforthefuture.com/main
Kenji   10-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the board, mattc_099. Enjoy the reading and posting! Smile
Blake   10-24-2006, 01:38 PM
mattc_099 Wrote:Well on the FAQ it says Wilson, made a few minor changes including a change in the final scene, so I was just curious if that was the new paperback of The Keep that was out.

If memory serves, the new paperback of The Keep is not the revised version. To the best of my knowledge, that version is still only available in the Borderlands Press release, which may be hard to get now.

The change (actually an addition) near the end is minor, though, and it won't affect your enjoyment of the story one little bit.

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
mattc_099   10-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys.

Reading stuff on this board made me realize I needed to get the collection that has Demonsong in it, so I found a copy of it on Ebay, so I should have that missing piece of the story pretty soon. I also found a copy of The Keep on dvd off of ebay even though I'm aware that it's apparently a horrible adaption, I still wanted to watch it, I do remember maybe watching it while I was a kid or something but I don't remember. (it must be a DVD copy of a VHS since its not actually out on dvd but it was cheap - much cheaper than the VHS copies of it were - they were selling for like 25 bucks plus!!!)

I'm thinking surely there are plans to republish the rest of the adversary cycle books as well, maybe after all the RJ novels are finished, not just Nightworld, the used old copies i hunted down of them, well a couple of them, I had to put some scotch tape on to hold them together until I actually read them!

By the way, I'm now almost finished The Tomb, and I am can now say that Repairman Jack does indeed kick major ass! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the RJ novels after I finish reading the Adversary Cycle.
Bridget Jones   10-25-2006, 11:33 PM
Hello from a fellow newbie! I found the Adversary Cycle first, The TOmb, I think, then went back and got all of the books I was missing. Found RJ there, and pick up new ones whenever I can find them. I'm hooked!! I pick them up when I can because it's always such a thrill, like finding lost treasure, when you find one in a bookstore. Weird, huh?

Bridget

"The only way there is through it." Big Grin
Sourdoughs   10-26-2006, 10:13 AM
mattc_099 Wrote:... I also found a copy of The Keep on dvd off of ebay even though I'm aware that it's apparently a horrible adaption...

I don't know where you're at with reading The Adversary Cycle, but I STRONGLY suggest you don't watch that movie until you're finished reading it. I don't know about anyone else, but once I see imagery from a movie those images stick in my mind while reading about the same character.

-MarcC
tenebroust   10-26-2006, 11:23 AM
Sourdoughs Wrote:I don't know where you're at with reading The Adversary Cycle, but I STRONGLY suggest you don't watch that movie until you're finished reading it. I don't know about anyone else, but once I see imagery from a movie those images stick in my mind while reading about the same character.

-MarcC

That is very true, unless the movie is so bad that you almost immediately forget it after watching it. Otherwise I can't help but picture the guy in the movie as the guy in the book.

Make copies for yourself YOU HANGMAN ROPE GANGSTER SCUM-ON-TOP! Laugh your MAD GIGGLE NOW!
Francis E. Dec Esquire
Visit the Official Francis E. Dec fan club at http://www.bentoandstarchky.com

For the politically active you might like my website at:
http://www.platformforthefuture.com/main
mattc_099   10-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Well I just finished The Touch - as in I read it all just all in one sitting. Well not quite, I'm actually at work, i work at a used bookstore, and did have to stop every once in a long while for a customer. Oh, and I did have to stop a few times to apply several pieces of scotch tape in some places. The copy of this book that I found on Ebay came to me in horrible condition.

Amazing, this one for some reason, maybe even more than The Tomb, seems to me like it would be perfect for a film adaption. Maybe even a very successful one due to the constant interest in medical dramas (such as Grey's Anatomy) since its basically a drama with supernatural threads. The ending was very unexpected to me, I was greatly impressed with the whole novel, and I am curious to see how this book ties in with the remaining books in the Adversary Cycle.

Well, I'm off to start Reborn, hopefully business will continue to be slow today, because all I wanna do is keep reading these books! I fear these books may have an impact on my personal life and hygiene if they continue to be as terrific as the ones I've already read. :eek:
This post was last modified: 10-26-2006, 03:33 PM by mattc_099.
Scott Miller   10-26-2006, 03:51 PM
mattc_099 Wrote:Well I just finished The Touch - as in I read it all just all in one sitting. Well not quite, I'm actually at work, i work at a used bookstore, and did have to stop every once in a long while for a customer. Oh, and I did have to stop a few times to apply several pieces of scotch tape in some places. The copy of this book that I found on Ebay came to me in horrible condition.

Amazing, this one for some reason, maybe even more than The Tomb, seems to me like it would be perfect for a film adaption. Maybe even a very successful one due to the constant interest in medical dramas (such as Grey's Anatomy) since its basically a drama with supernatural threads. The ending was very unexpected to me, I was greatly impressed with the whole novel, and I am curious to see how this book ties in with the remaining books in the Adversary Cycle.

Well, I'm off to start Reborn, hopefully business will continue to be slow today, because all I wanna do is keep reading these books! I fear these books may have an impact on my personal life and hygiene if they continue to be as terrific as the ones I've already read. :eek:

Welcome aboard Matt. The Touch was nearly made into a televeision show last year-there is a thread in to TV/Movie forum or you can read about it the news section-and I think there is still an outside chance of it being made.

You've got some exceptional reading awaiting, Reborn is my personal favorite book from the Adversary Cycle, which is saying a lot because the AC is the greatest horror story ever told.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
cobalt   10-26-2006, 09:34 PM
mattc_099 Wrote:Well I just finished The Touch - as in I read it all just all in one sitting. Well not quite, I'm actually at work, i work at a used bookstore, and did have to stop every once in a long while for a customer. Oh, and I did have to stop a few times to apply several pieces of scotch tape in some places. The copy of this book that I found on Ebay came to me in horrible condition.

Ah, but it's a fun addiction. Sleep and food are over-rated sometimes! Wink

EWMAN
Pages (3):    1 2 3