Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6
jacobm   10-23-2006, 12:50 PM
fpw Wrote:Last I heard, compounds in attributive use are hyphenated. At least in English. What language are you referring to?

I'm offended that you think I would know what a compound in attributive use is...
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-23-2006, 12:53 PM
jacobm Wrote:I'm offended that you think I would know what a compound in attributive use is...

Paul always seems to think the worst of his loyal readers, doesn't he?
WillsonRating   11-14-2006, 08:34 AM
gus3 Wrote:Short answer: Please explain that to the Brits who report their professed faith as "Jedi Knight." Big Grin

But seriously...

The Jedi Religion is played. Please explain "that" to the folks who report Matrixism as their professed religion.

Seriously... Matrixism: the path of the One Big Grin
Sigokat   11-15-2006, 08:59 AM
webby Wrote:It is no more real than Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

WWHHHHAAAATTTT??????????

Goldilocks and the Three Bears aren't real?? Say it isn't so! Please say it isn't so!! What is this world coming to??? I bet it was the work of The Otherness!!!!

AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHH

Going to go cry in my pillow now.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Amon   11-18-2006, 03:18 AM
That blog demonstrates a recurring trend of people who lack the ability to discern fiction from reality.

But hell, at least FPW's books haven't gotten into the hands of people like Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, or Neal Boortz. They'd have made this guy seem like an Atheist in comparison.

Oh, and a list of things and peoples Dr. Wilson has yet to offend:

- Atheists

- Agnostics

- White People

- Zoarastrians

- Buddhists

- Shintoists

- Taoists

- Pagans

- Wiccans

- Goths

- Libertarians

You'd better get cracking, Dr. Wilson. Cool
T-Bone   11-20-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm just going to say something stupid here about being offended.

Don't mind me. It's my first post.
Libby   05-03-2008, 11:04 AM
fpw Wrote:It's been a good week. So far I'm a jew-baiting, arab-hating, anti-christian homophobe. Let's see who else I can offend.

*ahem* I am a woman, and I think you write about women. That offends me!!Big Grin

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
lexator222   05-03-2008, 02:11 PM
I just CANNOT believe that it was posted on "I think, therefore I am"!!! :-)

Obviously, thinking is not a major part in his life. What part of "Fiction" doesn't he understand? I mean, he (or she) obviously has read the bible, he (or she) should be
fully briefed on "Fiction"!!! Hehehehe

Lexator
This post was last modified: 05-03-2008, 02:14 PM by lexator222.
John_M   05-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Yeesh! Lighten up, people!

Some Christians view everything in the world through the distorting lenses of their faith and the Bible, and to them, anything that is not obsessed with them is wrong. The fact is, there is nothing "anti-Christian" in the RJ novels, any more than in The Lord of the Rings, the Dune cycle, or, for that matter, Narnia, which for all its allegorical content has no actual Christianity in its makeup. The mythos of the Adversary Cycle and the RJ books may not include Christianity, but that does not make it ipso-facto anti-Christian. The mindset that finds anything not specifically Christian to be anti-christian is the same mindset that used to ban any fiction at all because it wasn't "true". These folks would have no entertainment except Biblical entertainment and are likely the same kooks who would burn Tom Sawyer and The Catcher in the Rye.

But then, people with axes to grind will always find some grist to their hate mills. I don't see anything at all homophobic in the RJ books either, but then, just as there are those who see anti-christianity everywhere, there are those who see homophobia everywhere too. As for being anti-Semitic, well, that is laughable: maybe some people see Abe, as Jackie Mason would say, as "too Jewish", but I have known folks precisely like him. And as for being anti-Arab, well, there is a difference between having characters who with anti-Arab sentiments and being anti-Arab oneself.
Libby   05-03-2008, 02:32 PM
John_M Wrote:...or, for that matter, Narnia, which for all its allegorical content has no actual Christianity in its makeup.

It doesn't? Have you read them all? In The Voyage of the Dream Teader Aslan says that he has a name in our world, and in the last one, there is a direct reference to heaven and Jesus.

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6