Pages (10):    1 2 3 4 5 10   
Kenji   10-18-2006, 10:35 AM
The Opening scene is India, like "Raiders of the Lost Ark". Westphalen and his team goes to temple, and Rakosh assault them, but only Westphalen escaped.

Young Kusum is staring at runaway Westphalen. His eyes closeup. And we see the movie's title on his eyes. The Tomb. It's cool, isn't it? Cool
Kenji   10-18-2006, 10:45 AM
XamberB Wrote:Bluesman Mike goes to more hippie-type bars in the Village. I think Julio's is more of a working man's bar.

Oh, I see! Big Grin
JF1ID   10-18-2006, 10:47 AM
[QUOTE][QUOTE=Kenji]The Opening scene is India, like "Raiders of the Lost Ark". Westphalen and his team goes to temple, and Rakosh assault them, but only Westphalen escaped.

Young Kusum is staring at runaway Westphalen. His eyes closeup. And we see the movie's title on his eyes. The Tomb. It's cool, isn't it? Cool[/QUOTE[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, Kenji, but its been done to death in movies before... I think that what was so cool about the book, was the gradual reveal of Kusums' immortality, his plot for revenge, the fact that it was him almost killed in the raid on the temple, and most importantly, The Rakosh as real living monsters... I think gradually revealing all of that is what made the novel such a great read- seeing it all in the beginning ten minutes would take something out of the story,(shock value, what have you) for me at leastSmile

"Fear is the foundation of most governments; but it is so sordid & brutal a passion, & renders men in whose breasts it predominates, so stupid & miserable, that Americans will not be likely to approve of any political institution which is founded on it" -John Adams
jimbow8   10-18-2006, 10:50 AM
Oh! I almost forgot the most important thing of all..... Jack slumping into his chair, possibly bleeding to death, as the phone starts to ring.

ROLL CREDITS Big Grin

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Richard Kendrick   10-18-2006, 10:55 AM
RJ Board Regulars background cameos.

RIK
Kenji   10-18-2006, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=JF1ID]
Quote:I hear ya, Kenji, but its been done to death in movies before... I think that what was so cool about the book, was the gradual reveal of Kusums' immortality, his plot for revenge, the fact that it was him almost killed in the raid on the temple, and most importantly, The Rakosh as real living monsters... I think gradually revealing all of that is what made the novel such a great read- seeing it all in the beginning ten minutes would take something out of the story,(shock value, what have you) for me at leastSmile

Yeah, I know...It's just...I thought that opening scene is cool. And, that's my "wish list". Besides, nobody care for my idea. Hehe....:p
webby   10-18-2006, 11:44 AM
I would love to see Glaeken. An old man with a cane walks by Abe's shop and/or Julio's just as Jack is entering. That should be an easy one that would delight us long-time fans. Smile

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Richard Kendrick   10-18-2006, 12:10 PM
How about a big stack of FPW books on a shelf?

RIK
Susan   10-18-2006, 01:04 PM
fpw Wrote:I've told the Beacon folks that I'd like to see a lady with a dog in the background of a few scenes. They seem to like the idea.

How about the rest of you? Shall we create a wish list of things we'd like to see in the film? You don't have to limit yourselves to [SIZE=3]The Tomb
.[/SIZE]

I love the dog idea. They can borrow mine!

What age did they decide to give Vicky? I know they had thrown the idea around of making her a teenager.

My wish list is:
  • Include the Kolibati character and the "I've been Kamasutraed" line
  • Use a white Alaskan Malamute Wink
  • Keep Abe and Isher Sports
  • Have very cool rakoshi CGIs!
Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Maggers   10-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Richard Kendrick Wrote:RJ Board Regulars background cameos.

RIK

Brilliant! I second that idea.

I want to see the all those pieces of wavy-grained oak furniture that are so big and plentiful that they make everyone dizzy when they walk into Jack's apartment.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (10):    1 2 3 4 5 10