Maggers   10-15-2006, 01:54 PM
As I recollect, there was not a lot of interest in "Capote" on this board. There probably won't be alot of interest in "Infamous." There shouldn't be.

"Infamous" is a movie that has all the right elements but does not hang together well. I had the feeling I was looking at something that could have been a fine stage play. It just didn't MOVE. Films are motion pictures. They must have movement and not be set pieces strung together like a series of beautiful photographs. There are many lovely shots throughout the movie, staid and unmoving.

The cast was interesting. Toby Jones, the actor who plays Capote, resembles him in stature and voice more than Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Jones is quite good; Hoffman was brilliant.

Capote's New York social scene is shown in greater detail in "Infamous" than in "Capote." Juliet Stevenson is brilliant as Diana Vreeland, who hates the word "eccentric" which is exactly what she is.

I won't remember this film. It doesn't have what it takes to be memorable, though I will always remember the fabulous red flowered wallpaper in Babe Paley's living room.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

saynomore   10-15-2006, 11:16 PM
Couldn't have said it better. I don't know what the studios were thinking releasing this curiosity.

AC

P.S. Reread "In Cold Blood" and save yourself some $$.
Noelie   10-17-2006, 02:20 PM
You just confirmed what I suspected about this movie. I didn't really plan to see it because I figured there was no way it could touch Capote, but now I won't bother for sure. Wink

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.