Pages (2):    1 2
cobalt   09-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Blake Wrote:One more thought: If the Otherness really wanted to piss Jack off, wouldn't it want to keep Tom around? Big Grin

Blake
Ah, but maybe the Ally had a use for him. We just know what it is yet.

EWMAN
Mark S.   09-28-2006, 10:46 PM
I just finished reading Infernal for the first time last week, so it's still fresh in my mind.

SPOILER AHEAD

When Jack was looking through the Book of Srem, reading about the Infernals, the only other one specifically mentioned other than the Lilitongue was a Sword. A Sword. Get it?

I'm thinking the Infernals, if not tools of the Ally, are at the very least tools against the Otherness.
webby   09-29-2006, 12:16 AM
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]***MAJOR SPOILERS! REVISED NIGHTWORLD!! ***
*[/COLOR][/SIZE]

cobalt79 Wrote:I lent my copy of the revised Nightworld to Dan, so I can't quote you a page. But I think I remember Jack going back to speak with Tom and Charlie before he goes back to the apt. If I'm wrong.....well I'm wrong.

Dang Cobalt, your memory is amazing!

Page 213 in the Revised Nightworld - Jack has just convinced Nadia Radzminksy to come stay at Glaeken's building. The section ends with: "And after that, a visit to a ghost and his brother."

But I think it refers to the ghost's brother - Lyle Kenton. Not Tom. When Jack gets to Astoria and talks to Lyle, he finds out that Charlie is gone but he makes no mention of Tom.

I suppose it's possible that the sentence on pg. 213 refers to Tom, but it doesn't seem likely.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
webby   09-29-2006, 12:22 AM
Mark S. Wrote:I just finished reading Infernal for the first time last week, so it's still fresh in my mind.

SPOILER AHEAD

When Jack was looking through the Book of Srem, reading about the Infernals, the only other one specifically mentioned other than the Lilitongue was a Sword. A Sword. Get it?

I'm thinking the Infernals, if not tools of the Ally, are at the very least tools against the Otherness.

That's certainly plausible. It makes sense if the Compendium was written by someone who was on the side of the Otherness. They would probably consider anything that worked against the Otherness to be "infernal".

Good thinking Mark!

I still don't believe Tom is enjoying wherever he is though. If the Ally isn't paying much attention and the girl with the dog didn't want Tom to use the Lilitongue, it just seems like not much good could come of it.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mark S.   09-29-2006, 01:17 PM
webby Wrote:I still don't believe Tom is enjoying wherever he is though. If the Ally isn't paying much attention and the girl with the dog didn't want Tom to use the Lilitongue, it just seems like not much good could come of it.

True. But if I remember correctly (correct me if I'm wrong), the women with the dogs are working for humanity, for Earth. If the Infernals (like the Lilitongue) are tools of the Ally, then the dog ladies certainly might not like them. The enemy of your enemy is not always your friend.
BrettM   09-29-2006, 08:09 PM
Mark S. Wrote:If the Infernals (like the Lilitongue) are tools of the Ally

I'm not sure that's the right phrasing. There are obviously powers around that are neither Ally nor Otherness, including the Lady, and possibly many others. Remember that R had some power even before he hooked up with the Otherness, as I read "Demonsong". The Lilitongue could just be something that the Ally was able to put to use for its own purposes, just as it put Glaeken to use. The Otherness can also use whatever pre-existing tools come to hand, explaining why an agent of the Otherness had the Compendium in the first place. Perhaps the next Infernal that turns up will be put in play by the Otherness.

*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.
Dave F   09-29-2006, 08:17 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I don't think that even Paul would dispute that The Otherness has some similarities and was somewhat inspired by Lovecraft.

Cool pics, BTW.

I am sure FPW actually includes Lovecraft in the acknowlegements at the start of the Keep

The artist formally known as Britfan
cobalt   09-30-2006, 11:42 AM
webby Wrote:[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]***MAJOR SPOILERS! REVISED NIGHTWORLD!! ***
*[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Dang Cobalt, your memory is amazing!

Page 213 in the Revised Nightworld - Jack has just convinced Nadia Radzminksy to come stay at Glaeken's building. The section ends with: "And after that, a visit to a ghost and his brother."

But I think it refers to the ghost's brother - Lyle Kenton. Not Tom. When Jack gets to Astoria and talks to Lyle, he finds out that Charlie is gone but he makes no mention of Tom.

I suppose it's possible that the sentence on pg. 213 refers to Tom, but it doesn't seem likely.
I thought I was =reading= too much into this passage. When I went back to it, I see that I'm wrong. I can't shake this thought though, that FPW isn't done with Tom somehow. Time will tell as they say.

EWMAN
Pages (2):    1 2