Pages (2):    1 2
jimbow8   09-22-2006, 10:16 AM
Kenji Wrote:Yes, I'm one of them. Do you know why? It's....

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die."
"STOP saying that!" Wink

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   09-22-2006, 10:21 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:"STOP saying that!" Wink

"Hello. My name is......Inigo Montoya! You.... killed my father.... prepare to die!!!"

Okay okay, I stop saying that! :p Big Grin Anyway, I like this line in the movie. And it was a touching moment.
The Mad American   09-22-2006, 11:09 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:Am I just being nostalgic for my childhood or was this a good movie? I put it in my Netflix queue, but I don't really remember it that well.

I liked this movie too. Its kind of like the Muppets on acid. Bowie was good in his Glam rock villain part as well.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Sigokat   09-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Kenji Wrote:But especially I like "The Dark Crystal". That was amazing movie and this is still the best fantasy movie to me.

Have you seen the funeral scene in The Dark Crystal that was deleted from the original release? If you have it on dvd then you probably saw it. Very good and very dark.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Dave F   09-22-2006, 05:46 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Its kind of like the Muppets on acid.

If you really want to see the Muppets on acid track down a copy of-

Meet The Feebles. An early Peter Jackson movie

WARNING - Do not attempt to watch this movie if you are easily offended!

The artist formally known as Britfan
Kenji   09-23-2006, 03:46 AM
sigokat Wrote:Have you seen the funeral scene in The Dark Crystal that was deleted from the original release? If you have it on dvd then you probably saw it. Very good and very dark.

Yes, I saw that scene. I have DVD, of course.

I saw this movie in a theatre. Indeed, it was very good and very dark. All characters were Muppets, but they looked alive. Awesome!

I'm still looking for this soundtrack by Trevor Jones. It's dynamic and beautiful music.
GIAMUSTGO   10-03-2006, 01:00 AM
I LOVED LOVED LOVED Labyrinth! Yeah, I'm an old chick, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. There was a young boy the other day who asked me about Labyrinth, so I think that it's finding a new following. A new book just came out with the original artwork (Goblins of Labyrinth), and I find more people loved it than didn't. Don't let anyone sway your opinion! Just enjoy, again!
cobalt   10-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Giamustgo? I take it that is an opinion? If so.......I love it! And by the way....welcome aboard.

EWMAN
Pages (2):    1 2