Maggers   07-31-2006, 06:52 PM
Has anyone else seen this little movie? I'm a big Tommy Lee Jones fan, and he both directed and starred in it. It's slow moving and sort of meanders off the map at the end. If you enjoy Texas cowboys, I think you'll like this movie. It takes place in present day Texas. It's about friendship, loyalty, justice, and the relationship between the people of Mexico and Texas. Tommy Lee speaks a fair amount of Spanish in it, and he is great, as always.

I love that Tommy Lee Jones has let himself grow old gracefully, if haggardly. He's earned every wrinkle and each of the serious bags under his eyes, none of which detracts from his magnetism.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   10-04-2006, 10:32 AM
This evening (just now), I saw "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada" on DVD.

Oh, man...this is......GREAT! What a wonderful movie! This is an excellent movie and the direction by Tommy L. Jones was outstanding. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you haven't seen this movie yet, check this out. It is something like "Unforgiven" meet "Dances With Wolves". This is not hard action movie. It's road trip movie.

I agree with Maggers, this movie is about friendship, murder, justice, redemption, and it had even a little bit of humor (especially, scene of rattle snake and medical herb).Big Grin