Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
XamberB   09-17-2006, 03:04 PM
acfrogg Wrote:My favorite side character is Abe, but he is too cool to be a sidekick Wink
Ditto for me. Abe is great!!!

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
Manda_W   09-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Jack's dad was awesome, even cooler than I expected.

The Kenton brothers really did endear themselves to me, I thought they were great. Yoshio from Legacies was a great character. I can not believe no one has mentioned him. Wasn't really a sidekick per se, at least not at the start. The SESOUP'ers were a fun group, I would love to see a Kenway show up again.
cobalt   09-17-2006, 04:54 PM
IMO, I thought Jack's dad was the best side-kick. He picked up and helped Jack fight back at the Otherness as if he had prior experience with it. (Do I detect a side story here....hope....hope...)
The Ashe brothers were great in several instances.
Ba was awesome in Nightworld.
Abe is indispensable in more ways than one.
Julio has helped Jack for years, but I don't think the Otherness has touched him as much.
The reporters were more than a stone around Jack's neck.
Any other assistant just doesn't seem to live long enough to become integral in Jack's world.
So Jack's dad is the one.

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-17-2006, 09:09 PM
webby Wrote:Repairman Jack has had a few sidekicks in both novels and short stories, although the role usually means a pretty short life expectancy. Smile

The question is - who's your favorite? Sandy Palmer in Hosts...Jamie Grant in Crisscross...Jack's dad in Gateways...or someone else?

I almost wanted to choose Loretta from Interlude at Duane's, but my real favorite was Jack's dad, Tom. He was brave, helpful and didn't waste a lot of time disbelieving what he saw with his own eyes. Besides, he seemed like a really good guy. Similar to Jack in ways that matter most, which isn't so suprising. So that's my vote - Jack's dad.

Who is yours?

I don't know that Jack has "sidekicks" as much as "allies." But I'd vote for Tom Sr. first, and then the Kenton brothers. Wouldn't it have been a gas to have them come back in the revised NIGHTWORLD!
Bruno JJ 1   09-24-2006, 08:42 AM
His Glock 19, loaded with hollowpoints.
webby   09-24-2006, 11:38 AM
Bruno JJ 1 Wrote:His Glock 19, loaded with hollowpoints.

:p
But if you want to include weapons then the Semmerling .45 is the one!

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tooleman   09-27-2006, 01:56 AM
Milk Dud from Legacies was a truly unique character with a very odd hobby, building hacking. One of my favorites............

tooleman
kurrgan   09-28-2006, 11:40 AM
It, i guess, depends, on how you define sidekick. If Abe counts, then it is Abe for sure. My favorite scenes so far are Abe's diatribes in Conspiracies, i am sure you all know what i mean.

Also, i loved the Kenton Brothers, two more great characters.

Waiy, heck, i love em all, how could i forget Gia and Vicks .....
XamberB   09-28-2006, 06:29 PM
kurrgan Wrote:It, i guess, depends, on how you define sidekick. If Abe counts, then it is Abe for sure. My favorite scenes so far are Abe's diatribes in Conspiracies, i am sure you all know what i mean.

Also, i loved the Kenton Brothers, two more great characters.

Waiy, heck, i love em all, how could i forget Gia and Vicks .....

Me too, Kurrgan!!! I'd include Julio, too.

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
Paperchaser   04-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Well the only sidekick I can think of was Sandy Palmer.....Just when everything was going good for the guy **SPOILER** he gets ended....was looking forward to future books where he might have been useful....but now that I am writing this, I understand the need for him to have been dead....

Oh the Japanese guy in Legacies was cool too....was hoping to have seen some ninja samurai action from him but alas.......
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4