RepairmanJack.com Forums
Favorite RJ Sidekick? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Favorite RJ Sidekick? (/thread-1886.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Favorite RJ Sidekick? - webby - 09-16-2006

Repairman Jack has had a few sidekicks in both novels and short stories, although the role usually means a pretty short life expectancy. Smile

The question is - who's your favorite? Sandy Palmer in Hosts...Jamie Grant in Crisscross...Jack's dad in Gateways...or someone else?

I almost wanted to choose Loretta from Interlude at Duane's, but my real favorite was Jack's dad, Tom. He was brave, helpful and didn't waste a lot of time disbelieving what he saw with his own eyes. Besides, he seemed like a really good guy. Similar to Jack in ways that matter most, which isn't so suprising. So that's my vote - Jack's dad.

Who is yours?

Favorite RJ Sidekick? - Ken Valentine - 09-16-2006

webby Wrote:Repairman Jack has had a few sidekicks in both novels and short stories, although the role usually means a pretty short life expectancy. Smile

The question is - who's your favorite? Sandy Palmer in Hosts...Jamie Grant in Crisscross...Jack's dad in Gateways...or someone else?

I almost wanted to choose Loretta from Interlude at Duane's, but my real favorite was Jack's dad, Tom. He was brave, helpful and didn't waste a lot of time disbelieving what he saw with his own eyes. Besides, he seemed like a really good guy. Similar to Jack in ways that matter most, which isn't so suprising. So that's my vote - Jack's dad.

Who is yours?

I wouldn't exactly call Sandy Palmer a side-kick, he was more like a parasite.

But yeah, I really liked Jack's dad.

Ken V.

Favorite RJ Sidekick? - acfrogg - 09-16-2006

I've got to agree about Jack's dad. Makes you wish he would have told his dad from the begining.

Favorite RJ Sidekick? - Kenji - 09-16-2006

Well, of course everybody likes Jack's father. So besides him, I like Kenton Brothers in "The Haunted Air". They were very unique characters. Especially Charlie was. Smile

Favorite RJ Sidekick? - Dr. Trilobite - 09-16-2006

The Kenton brothers were neat, if you can consider them sidekicks. I was also a fan of Zaleski and Kenway in Conspiracies.

Favorite RJ Sidekick? - Kenji - 09-17-2006

Dr. Trilobite Wrote:The Kenton brothers were neat, if you can consider them sidekicks. I was also a fan of Zaleski and Kenway in Conspiracies.

[SIZE="3"]*****Spoiler about The Haunted Air*****[/SIZE]

Yes, they are sidekicks. They worked in basement with Jack for search for Tara Portman. Lyle and Jack fought Eli Belitto & Dmitri. And they know Otherness's existence. I hope to their return to next RJ novels.

Favorite RJ Sidekick? - Dr. Trilobite - 09-17-2006

Okay, I guess they're sidekicks. You win.

Favorite RJ Sidekick? - Mark S. - 09-17-2006

Jack's dad. No contest. In fact, I really hope we get to see lots of him in the YA novels (hint, hint).

I also liked the Kenton brothers in The Haunted Air.

Favorite RJ Sidekick? - luthie2 - 09-17-2006

Mark S. Wrote:Jack's dad. No contest. In fact, I really hope we get to see lots of him in the YA novels (hint, hint).

I also liked the Kenton brothers in The Haunted Air.

Ditto on both of these. Love the Ashe brothers too - although not sure if they qualify as side-kicks.

-Luthie

Favorite RJ Sidekick? - acfrogg - 09-17-2006

My favorite side character is Abe, but is too cool to be a sidekick thoughWink