acfrogg   09-05-2006, 12:26 AM
SPOILER********

I just started Infernal, I can't believe that he killed his dad!Sad I loved the thought of him and Jack together and was so happy he was going to meet Gia and Vicky, then he just dies. I tell you, FPW sure isn't afraid to kill people off. Makes me nervous to read the rest of the book. Oh yes, and I REALLY hate Jack's brother:mad: >I know, I'm suppossed to, mission accomplished. Alright, must go read more...
This post was last modified: 09-05-2006, 09:30 PM by fpw.
fpw   09-05-2006, 10:03 AM
acfrogg Wrote:SPOILER********

I tell you, FPW sure isn't afraid to kill people off. Makes me nervous to read the rest of the book.

[SIZE="3"]That the whole idea, Frogger.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   09-05-2006, 10:20 AM

I just started Infernal, I can't believe that he killed his dad!Sad I loved the thought of him and Jack together and was so happy he was going to meet Gia and Vicky, then he just dies. I tell you, FPW sure isn't afraid to kill people off. Makes me nervous to read the rest of the book. Oh yes, and I REALLY hate Jack's brother:mad: >I know, I'm suppossed to, mission accomplished. Alright, must go read more...

**********Spoiler**********

Calm down, acfrogg.Wink

Surely, I also couldn't believe that Thomas died. After that incident, I thought he's still alive....but, too bad.Sad

When you read "Harbingers", you'll know that reason why Jack's father should've been dead. Be patient!
stacyzinda123   09-05-2006, 11:21 AM

I felt the same way. I kept expecting Jack to wake up from a bad dream or something that would make it not true. The way it happened was so abrupt that I couldn't believe it. I haven't read Harbingers yet so I don't know how it plays into the bigger picture.
webby   09-05-2006, 11:36 AM
stacyzinda123 Wrote:I felt the same way. I kept expecting Jack to wake up from a bad dream or something that would make it not true. The way it happened was so abrupt that I couldn't believe it. I haven't read Harbingers yet so I don't know how it plays into the bigger picture.

Me too. I had to read that part two or three times to convince myself it "really" happened before I could continue with the book!

Thinking about it now, it was a great way to handle things. All too often in real life we lose people in sudden, unexpected ways. I like that there was no time for the reader to see it coming and prepare for it. We get the full shock treatment just like Jack.

Harbingers does fit it into the bigger picture. Oh boy, does it ever.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cobalt   09-05-2006, 08:22 PM

Just keep on reading, much more will be explained in the next few books. And then you CAN REALLY HATE TOM! Wink There is a "greater plan" afoot here!

EWMAN
acfrogg   09-06-2006, 12:50 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]That the whole idea, Frogger.[/SIZE]
Well it is well done! But if you kill off Abe, I may have to go all 'Misery' on youWink Kidding! But PLEEEAASEEEE don't kill him!
acfrogg   09-06-2006, 12:53 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:Just keep on reading, much more will be explained in the next few books. And then you CAN REALLY HATE TOM! Wink There is a "greater plan" afoot here!
I finished Infernal and I still hate Tom,lol. So much did I hate him that it was actually hard for me to read the book. Even his 'nobleness' was annoying, his character was just a little too familiar, ifyaknowhwatImean!

Great book though, I think that has to be one of the most intense ones of the series I have read so far. Now if only I can find Harbingers!
webby   09-06-2006, 01:17 AM
acfrogg Wrote:Well it is well done! But if you kill off Abe, I may have to go all 'Misery' on youWink Kidding! But PLEEEAASEEEE don't kill him!

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]