Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
cobalt   08-23-2006, 10:49 PM
I just received my copy today, and we just finished watching. GREAT JOB!!!
I hope you have much success with this film.

cobalt

EWMAN
KRW   08-23-2006, 11:38 PM
Marc B. Wrote:It's actually 78 minutes. Smile

77 minutes and 58 seconds.Wink
Dave   08-24-2006, 06:41 AM
AsMoral Wrote:The film is rife with teen angst and drama and witty dialogue that could fit comfortably in a Gilmore Girls episode if the Gilmore Girls were overrun by the undead. (Personally I'd like to see that.)
Just recalled, last summer I was having a bit of a marathon Gilmore Girls session (Seasons 1 to 5 all in one go), at the same time as writing the script.

Well spotted.

Influence, a funny thing (if it is a comedy).

Dave
Dave   08-24-2006, 06:43 AM
Marc B. Wrote:Just finished with a long teleconference with a company and they're sound like the real deal. So if you've been holding out on buying a copy of the film you may want to pick up a copy because we may sign as early as next week. Why should you pick up this version? Well, I have no idea what "extras" may be on the next release so if you want our version of the DVD (with behind the scenes, outtakes, etc.) you'd best pick it up.
Fingers crossed, Marc. My fingers are crossed.

Dave
Scott Hajek   08-24-2006, 12:17 PM
KRW Wrote:77 minutes and 58 seconds.Wink

It's only 77+minutes if you include the credits. And, the credits should only be included in the running time if there is something at the end.

Other than the movie being too dark at times, likely because my TV's contrast and/or brightness is too low, I liked it. An enjoyable B-movie that I will watch again for sure. While there may be minor inconsistencies (it's obviously up for debate) there wasn't anything that stood out as a huge macguffin. I enjoyed the story and the premise and admire the effort put in by Marc and Dave.

It reminds me of "The Blair Witch Project" only enjoyable and without major, MAJOR flaws and characters I hoped would die violent horrible deaths. I hope it gets the attention it deserves. And, I get my copy autographed.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Dave   08-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:I enjoyed the story and the premise and admire the effort put in by Marc and Dave.
Did you spot our cameos? Marc had one, I have several (the writer was expendable, apparently).

Dave
Marc   08-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:It's only 77+minutes if you include the credits. And, the credits should only be included in the running time if there is something at the end.

There is something at the end. It's only an audio bite but, if you turn the audio up (after the end song wraps) and listen carefully you'll get to hear a short audio queue.
Scott Hajek   08-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Dave Wrote:Did you spot our cameos? Marc had one, I have several (the writer was expendable, apparently).

Dave

I heard you had a cameo. I was more intent on watching the movie the first time. I will be watching it on a bigger TV next time and will look for you and Marc.

*****SPOILER ALERT*****
highlight to read

One glitch in the movie that ended up not being a glitch was the whole water issue. The source of the water in the cabin is likely from a well tapping into an aquifer deeper than the bottom of the lake, up to hundreds of feet different. So, I knew it wasn't the water, though for people who don't deal with groundwater and stormwater on a daily basis, it was a good red herring.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Dave   08-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Marc B. Wrote:There is something at the end. It's only an audio bite but, if you turn the audio up (after the end song wraps) and listen carefully you'll get to hear a short audio queue.
You didn't? Did you?

Dave
Marc   08-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Dave Wrote:You didn't? Did you?

Oh I did. Smile

(Actually, pretty much everyone wanted it on (especially the actresses and many of the crew) so I bowed to their wishes.)

You have to admit that it is pretty funny.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4