Frightening
Powerful
Works

Threebies

Three That Got All Flayed
Keith the Elder   08-21-2006, 03:24 PM
"Foet, Traps and Another"

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Biggles   08-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Okay everyone... we need to enlist your help.

As some of you know we are compiling the three short films based on Paul's short stories onto a single DVD: "Foet", "Traps" and "Lipidleggin'". What is planned for the DVD (although it may change):

- Newly edited version of "Foet"
- Newly edited version of "Traps"
- "Lipidleggin'"
- Commentary on all three films
- Storyboards from "Foet"
- Behind the scenes video montage from "Traps"
- Behind the scenes photos from "Lipidleggin'"

The price has yet to be determined and the actual release date is still pending. But it will most likely be Sept. or Oct.

Where we need your help is coming up with a title for the collection. We've ruled out Foet and Others and Traps and Others for various reasons and Lipidleggin' and Others is sort of a mouthful (sorry Dave).

So what do you think the title should be? Whoever gives us the best title will receive a free copy of the DVD. Also, we want to do this fairly quick so get us your suggestions by Aug. 25 (next Fri.).

As much as I'd like a cute title, the key here is to draw upon the fan base Paul has acquired through his novels, and to a lesser extent, his short stories. Therefore, I suggest it be something like "The F. Paul Wilson Collection" and then subtitled "three dramatizations of short stories by the author of "The Keep"' (or The Tomb if you think that might work better). My feeling is that since someone is now marketing a deluxe DVD of "The Keep" movie, referring to the book in the title might be helpful to sales.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Biggles   08-21-2006, 04:27 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I was KIDDING![/SIZE]

Hopefully they won't be "FF---ing films". Big Grin Sorry Marc and Dave, I was F---ing kidding too.

Biggles   08-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Dave Wrote:Don't look at me, I didn't title the damn thing.

"Lipid what?"

That's what I get every bloody time I mention it to someone. Big Grin

Marc didn't take my suggestion seriously, and righty so. "Wilson's Shorts" has a nice ring to it I think, hehehe.

Dave

You made the point, Dave. "Lipidleggin'" means something to people who know fats are lipids, and that also make the connection to "bootlegging". "Foet" and "Traps", as one word titles, also don't convey the meaning of the stories either, unless and until you make the connections. You can market these DVDs to Paul's more knowledgeable fans by mentioning the stories, but the wider fan base has never read any of them, so you need to market Paul's name instead. Millions of people know Paul's name.

Marc   08-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Saynomore is the winner of the DVD! The final title will be "Others". Hope you like the cover art.

(Saynomore... PM me with your name and address and once the DVD is released I'll get you your copy.)
Scott Hajek   08-30-2006, 06:41 PM
The cover art is awesome!!!! Super-creepy!

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
saynomore   08-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Saynomore is the winner of the DVD! The final title will be "Others". Hope you like the cover art.

(Saynomore... PM me with your name and address and once the DVD is released I'll get you your copy.)

Thanks alot, guys. Smile And thanks to the Man for that inspirational title.

AC
cobalt   08-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Congrats to the winner! When can we order and from where?

EWMAN
Marc   08-30-2006, 08:52 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Congrats to the winner! When can we order and from where?

I'm still waiting on a few elements to finalize the DVD. I'm hoping to have the DVD available by the end of Sept. or early Oct. As for where you'll be able to order it from we will be using the same company that is distributing Dead in the Water for us since they're duplication and printing looks phenominal. It will be listed on Amazon but, as we've learned with DitW, it is a little slow on getting up.

A direct link will be made available in the forum and, if Paul wants to, will probably be listed on the main RJ board somewhere. That's his call though.
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5