cobalt   08-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Ya know Bad Cobalt couldn't wait.....................
I've finished the revised Nightworld......even though FPW himself suggested that I wait. Well denial and I don't get along very well ya know.
Where to begin...............SPOILERS BELOW...........Please don't read if you want to wait. You are stronger than I.

WOW, the changes are HUGE, yet the story flows as it did before. This goes to show us what a brilliant writer FPW is. Okay I'll stop gushing now! Wink
We never got to experience what Gia, Vicki and Abe went thru in the bunker..........truely creepy those burrowing slugs.....yuck :eek: Gia being so brave as to not tell Jack how bad things were. Jack was torn before........but that would have thrown him over the edge.
And a mention of Tom, I thought we would hear about him again.
But the best part, the part that gave me a chill of realization and happy, happy, joy, joy........the little girl with the puppy and Parabellum on her head, dare I think she might be...................
I've had my dose of RMJ, can't WAIT for the next installment.....I'll just have to re-read the Adversary cycle again. Big Grin

EWMAN
Blake   08-07-2006, 10:47 PM
And notice that at least one key scene has been removed: Glaeken and Jack's first meeting during Jack's "Park-a-thon". In the new version, Glaeken and Jack already know each other, so their meeting must take place in an "earlier" book. I really liked that. In comparison, the old version feels rushed now. I think the new version flows better.

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
cobalt   08-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Blake Wrote:And notice that at least one key scene has been removed: Glaeken and Jack's first meeting during Jack's "Park-a-thon". In the new version, Glaeken and Jack already know each other, so their meeting must take place in an "earlier" book. I really liked that. In comparison, the old version feels rushed now. I think the new version flows better.

Blake
And can you just imagine that meeting! I wonder who sets it up, an Earth mother or do they meet by chance?

EWMAN
Blake   08-07-2006, 10:55 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:And can you just imagine that meeting! I wonder who sets it up, an Earth mother or do they meet by chance?

I can only guess at what FPW has planned, but I bet the original scene will show up more or less "as is" in a future RJ book. At least I hope so. I actually love that scene and did kind of miss it when it wasn't there in the new one.

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
webby   08-07-2006, 11:26 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:WOW, the changes are HUGE, yet the story flows as it did before. This goes to show us what a brilliant writer FPW is. Okay I'll stop gushing now! Wink
We never got to experience what Gia, Vicki and Abe went thru in the bunker..........truely creepy those burrowing slugs.....yuck :eek: Gia being so brave as to not tell Jack how bad things were. Jack was torn before........but that would have thrown him over the edge.
And a mention of Tom, I thought we would hear about him again.
But the best part, the part that gave me a chill of realization and happy, happy, joy, joy........the little girl with the puppy and Parabellum on her head, dare I think she might be...................
I've had my dose of RMJ, can't WAIT for the next installment.....I'll just have to re-read the Adversary cycle again. Big Grin

That little girl with the puppy had me crying my eyes out! I'm sure you're right, Cobalt - she's gotta be the Earth Mother saved from destruction at the last moment. And how cool that she goes to live with Glaeken and Magda!

I loved it that Jack went to try to get Alicia Clayton and Nadia Radzminsky to stay in Glaeken's building. Even better that they chose to stay where they were needed more. (a few more tears for them!)

Probably my favorite new thing was "Gia learns to shoot"! I couldn't quit grinning about that, in spite of the horrors that prompted her to learn, it was a fun scene, what with her and Abe grinning too. Gia's reaction was so true to life, at least what I've seen whenever a woman first learns to shoot. The description of her feelings was right on target (pun intended). Big Grin

One more that I was tickled by: did you all notice the change to the radio station call letters on the station that stayed on the longest? Whatever it was before, it's now WFPW. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Cool Love it!

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
fpw   08-08-2006, 08:55 AM
Blake Wrote:I bet the original scene will show up more or less "as is" in a future RJ book.
[SIZE="3"]Count on it.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
cobalt   08-08-2006, 04:24 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Count on it.[/SIZE]
Any more hints? Big Grin

And I did LOVE the WFPW-FM..played hits all the time!

EWMAN
webby   08-08-2006, 10:01 PM
I have a question for everybody. Did you wonder, even a tiny little bit, if in this revised Nightworld the sword would choose Jack instead?

I admit, I had a tiny uncertainty. But I'm glad it was still Glaeken, to bring the whole long adventure full circle. Wasn't it great that Jack was there at the end though, "bristling with weapons" just in case? Cool

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]