Pages (2): 1 2   
fpw   08-02-2006, 10:16 AM
[SIZE="3"]In case you didn't know, there's a $4 rebate coupon at the back of the new bargain reissue of The Tomb.

Many stores like Target and K-Mart and others sell their paperbacks at 25% off. That means, factoring in the value of the coupon, you can buy a copy of The Tomb for pocket change.

The whole purpose of the bargain price is to suck -- I mean draw new readers into the RJ fold. So here's a plan:

Buy a copy of The Tomb, rip out the coupon, and give the book to a reader you know.

Amazon has Harbingers up for pre-order at $15.72. When you use the rebate coupon your final cost will be $11.72.

What a country![/SIZE]
This post was last modified: 08-02-2006, 11:40 AM by fpw.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   08-02-2006, 10:37 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]In case you didn't know, there's a $4 rebate coupon at the back of the new bargain reissue of The Tomb.

Many stores like Target and K-Mart and others sell their paperbacks at 25% off. That means, factoring in the value of the coupon, you can but a copy of The Tomb for pocket change.

The whole purpose of the bargain price is to suck -- I mean draw new readers into the RJ fold. So here's a plan:

Buy a copy of The Tomb, rip out the coupon, and give the book to a reader you know.

Amazon has Harbingers up for pre-order at $15.72. When you use the rebate coupon your final cost will be $11.72.

What a country![/SIZE]

What a country! Cool

Well, I can't use the coupon. But I bought used copy of "THE TOMB"(about $2.00). And I lent it to my friends. They are now RJ fan, and they bought Legacies, Conspiracies, etc...Wink
Jamo   08-02-2006, 11:29 AM
I canÄt use it, too...But i live in Germany Big Grin
I think I wouldn't have any advantage of that ^^

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
webby   08-02-2006, 11:51 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]In case you didn't know, there's a $4 rebate coupon at the back of the new bargain reissue of The Tomb.

Many stores like Target and K-Mart and others sell their paperbacks at 25% off. That means, factoring in the value of the coupon, you can buy a copy of The Tomb for pocket change.

What a country![/SIZE]

Seems like a bunch of us get extra "loaner" copies of all the books, at least paperback versions, to (ahem) draw new fans in. I just started wondering... could this have been the seed of the idea that became Hosts? Big Grin

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Biggles   08-02-2006, 12:11 PM

What a country![/SIZE]

Well I never thought I would say this, but I hope your plan "sucks" as well! Kinda like passing out free samples to generate new sales. Brilliant!

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Tony H   08-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Biggles Wrote:Well I never thought I would say this, but I hope your plan "sucks" as well! Kinda like passing out free samples to generate new sales. Brilliant!

I just realized that you have your Indian A. Law site on your signature line. Good job.

I plan on buying The Tomb because it is the definitive something or other. I also plan on buying 2 additional copies to hand out to people at work who want to read Paul's stuff. I will use the coupon from my copy and leave the coupon in the gift copies so the new fans can enjoy the benefits of the discount. I am such a Christian.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Biggles   08-02-2006, 02:38 PM
AsMoral Wrote:I just realized that you have your Indian A. Law site on your signature line. Good job.

I tried to come up with a snappy reply, but I couldn't so...yeah. Sad

jimbow8   08-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Biggles Wrote:I tried to come up with a snappy reply, but I couldn't so...yeah. Sad
Perhaps something about Tequila would be in order!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Biggles   08-02-2006, 04:04 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Perhaps something about Tequila would be in order!

Nah, that's too easy. Besides, I don't want to be a Tequila Mockingbird (or would that be mockingbiggles?). BTW, that whole "Indian A Law" episode should be re-posted, for those who missed it. I only wish I hadn't left for my resort before that happened, but as I recall, the shuttles were about to stop running that night. If I had known what Tony was going to say, well, it would have been worth the cab fare! That was a great GU, wasn't it? I will never think of Disney World without also thinking about yinz guyz!
This post was last modified: 08-02-2006, 04:10 PM by Biggles.

cobalt   08-02-2006, 04:13 PM
I hope lots and lots of people buy the Tomb. Should hook them right in!
Now onto other things, just HOW MANY of us are on the site while @ work? ME................I'm as guilty as can be. Good thing a lawyer is around to look out for us!

EWMAN
Pages (2): 1 2