Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
Silverfish   07-14-2006, 04:32 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Hey, Tony. Do you have a can opener?

ROFLMAO! Seriously. Love it.

Steph <trying not to laugh maniacally>

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
ccosborne3   07-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Biggles Wrote:.all of the libertarian fiction

What the hell is this Libertarian fiction crap? I always figured FPW as a closet Republican.Smile
Sigokat   08-02-2006, 05:08 AM
the first RJ book I read was Legacies which if i remember correctly had no supernatural elements at all. After reading it I was hooked and found THE TOMB and CONSPIRACIES (at the time I was going on the assumption that it was a 3 part series and LEGACIES was number 2)

so when I read THE TOMB I admit I was a little shocked with the supernatural stuff, but i thoroughly enjoyed it and couldn't put it down. Same with CONSPIRACIES, which I think had some alien/science fiction elements (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, its been YEARS since I read these books)

Either way, supernatural or not, I was hooked on the CHARACTER of Jack and wanted to read more about him and his doings. I'm totally stoked that there are more RJ novels (I didn't think there was) and can't wait for the ones I ordered to arrive.

However, to each his own, and I can definitely see how people can get burnt out on an author. I love Dean Koontz and just had like a 5 book marathon, but I have to stop because I'm burnt out. Will I stop reading DK? Hell no, but I have to take a break!!

I know I'm new here, but that's just my two Lincolns

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Sigokat   08-02-2006, 05:13 AM
Scott Hajek,
Hey I see you're from Elgin. I'm from Elmhurst!!

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Scott Hajek   08-02-2006, 11:30 AM
sigokat Wrote:Scott Hajek,
Hey I see you're from Elgin. I'm from Elmhurst!!

There are several board members from Northern Illinois including Jimbow and Marc B. Because of Marc, one of the GUs was located in the Chicago area. Next time it's in the midwest, you should join us.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5