Pages (2):    1 2
XamberB   09-19-2006, 10:16 PM
I saw it last Friday. It was so bad I felt like getting up and leaving. Don't waste your money.

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
XamberB   09-19-2006, 10:19 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Why was it bad? I heard and saw adverts for it. Bad acting, direction or what?
Bad everything. The women with cigarette holders didn't know how to hold them. It was a confused hodgepodge. Incest, crazy mother image, lesbian nightclubs...all very unrealistic and boring. By the end of the movie, you just didn't care who did what and to whom. Rolleyes

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
cobalt   09-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Then maybe I'll not even bother when it comes out on video. Thanks!

EWMAN
Scott Miller   09-19-2006, 10:56 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:A friend of mine recently saw this and also said that it was horrible. He also commented that he has no idea why DePalma is considered a "legendary" director. So I looked him up, and I think the only one that I kinda like is Carrie. The Untouchables and Casualties of War were ... ok.

I've been saying it for years, the man goes so far over the top his movies have become all but unwatchable to me. I lost interest in this film the moment I found out he was at the helm. I would much rather see the other noir flick, Hollywoodland, that came out the week before.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
XamberB   09-20-2006, 05:46 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:I've been saying it for years, the man goes so far over the top his movies have become all but unwatchable to me. I lost interest in this film the moment I found out he was at the helm. I would much rather see the other noir flick, Hollywoodland, that came out the week before.
My boss saw Hollywoodland last weekend. He said it was really bad.

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

ccosborne3   09-20-2006, 06:09 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:Why was it bad? I heard and saw adverts for it. Bad acting, direction or what?

Pretty much everything sucked. The list could go on and on.
Kenji   10-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Today I saw this and it was not bad...but not great. One problem was....Josh Hartnett. He made me dull. But Hilary Swank was good.

Brian DePalma's best films were "The Untouchable" and "Phantom of the Paradise" and "Raising Cain". They were great, but "The Black Dahlia" was not like DePalma film.
Jamo   10-16-2006, 09:12 AM
Ah, now it is in our cinemas since 1 or 2 weeks. The people I know w ho watched the movie, said that it was great! What do u think about it?

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
Kenji   10-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Jamo Wrote:Ah, now it is in our cinemas since 1 or 2 weeks. The people I know w ho watched the movie, said that it was great! What do u think about it?

What do I think about it? Well....I can say a few words. "I hate Josh Hartnett".
Jamo   10-16-2006, 03:45 PM
ANd the rest of the movie Big Grin

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
Pages (2):    1 2