Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8   
KRW   07-14-2006, 10:07 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:I cant decide which crappy movie to attack first. The Chase or Young Guns. Big Grin

My motto has always been "if Charlie Sheens in it and it aint Platoon it probably sucks donkey balls".

I can't expect everybody to get Sheens Genius on the silver screen. That's why they made "Toy Story"!:p

Ken
jimbow8   07-14-2006, 10:09 PM
KRW Wrote:Just because the bad guy is the "Good guy" of the movie, doesn't make him any less bad. Josey Wales killed a lot more more than that wuss you like!:p

Ken
If we are going to use number of kills as the criteria, then Josey Wales is near the bottom as well.

It has to do, per MY criteria (and possibly Scott's) with the strategy employed by the antagonist of the movie.

And, like Ken said, I thought he was the good guy....

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
KRW   07-14-2006, 10:15 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:If we are going to use number of kills as the criteria, then Josey Wales is near the bottom as well.

It has to do, per MY criteria (and possibly Scott's) with the strategy employed by the antagonist of the movie.

And, like Ken said, I thought he was the good guy....

In my eyes also, he was a good guy. But what dictates a bad guy? You not liking him? Good guys are bad guys too. Show me how your guy was worse.

Ken
webby   07-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Got all your guys beat -- the Terminator.

Ruthless, inhuman, nearly unstoppable, and quotable too!
"I'll be bah-k"

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jimbow8   07-14-2006, 10:24 PM
KRW Wrote:In my eyes also, he was a good guy. But what dictates a bad guy? You not liking him? Good guys are bad guys too. Show me how your guy was worse.

Ken
That is why I corrected (or am correcting) it to ANTAGONIST: The principal character in opposition to the protagonist or hero of a narrative or drama.

Scott originally used the word VILLAIN: A dramatic or fictional character who is typically at odds with the hero.

Neither of us used the word WORST; we both used the word BEST.

Just for the heck of it, name some "good guys" who are regarded as "bad guys." I can think of "bad guys" who are regarded as "good guys" (like Porter).
This post was last modified: 07-14-2006, 10:27 PM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
KRW   07-14-2006, 10:26 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:That is why I corrected (or am correcting) it to ANTAGONIST: The principal character in opposition to the protagonist or hero of a narrative or drama.

Scott originally used the word VILLAIN: A dramatic or fictional character who is typically at odds with the hero.

Neither of us used the word WORST; we both used the word BEST.

Fine, show me how he's better.
jimbow8   07-14-2006, 10:31 PM
webby Wrote:Got all your guys beat -- the Terminator.

Ruthless, inhuman, nearly unstoppable, and quotable too!
"I'll be bah-k"
He can't be reasoned with or bargained with ... and he absolutely will not stop .... EVER ... until YOU ared dead!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!

There are some who call me .... TIM!

It's just a harmless little bunny!

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Bring out your dead!!!

We are the knight who say ..... NEE!!!

Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who.....

'Tis only a flesh wound!

jimbow8   07-14-2006, 10:33 PM
KRW Wrote:Fine, show me how he's better.
Better than who? Josey Wales? It's apples and oranges.... Josey Wales is a protagonist, Hans Gruber is an antagonist.

KRW   07-14-2006, 10:35 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Better than who? Josey Wales? It's apples and oranges.... Josey Wales is a protagonist, Hans Gruber is an antagonist.

Nope, good guys do bad things too. How was Hans, better then "The Outlaw".

Ken
ccosborne3   07-14-2006, 10:46 PM
KRW Wrote:Just because the bad guy is the "Good guy" of the movie, doesn't make him any less bad. Josey Wales killed a lot more more than that wuss you like!:p

Ken

Josey Wales was more of an antihero badass. He wasn't out there killing nuns and children, he was killing other badasses (I think, It's been awhile since I saw it) for society's benefit. Gruber was going to kill 100 people just for money, much more despicable.
Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8