Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
cobalt   09-13-2006, 11:12 PM
MacEachaidh Wrote:G'day Folks,
and thanks for the cheery welcome ! Big Grin

My name's very easy to say !! (if you speak the right language !! Wink)
I'm Australian-born, but my family is Gaelic (from the Hebrides, off the west coast of Scotland). My name here is my family name, and it's pronounced ma-KECH-ee, where the "CH" makes the sound like at the end of the Scottish word "loch", not like in "church". See ? Easy !!

Just by way of information, I'm not usually as opinionated (well, I don't think I am !!) as my post on DM'sC maybe makes me sound -- I was just amazed how disappointed I was with that movie, on so many aspects.

But I've really come to these forums (fora?) because I've recently become a huge FPW fan. I read "Black Wind" quite a few years back and thought it was a great book, but somehow never followed up checking out other stuff the bloke had written. But now ... I've read through the Adversary Cycle back-to-back, thought the way he brought all the stories together at the end was fantastic, and have started reading Repairman Jack in sequence. Having a great time with them ! I've just started "The Haunted Air" last night.

Again, thanks for the welcomes.
dùrachdan (regards),
Bran
That you read Black Wind first and now are on the other books is the exact opposite to what I'm doing. I ordered a bunch of the older works of FPW and I'm just about finished with Black Wind now. I think it's one of his best!

EWMAN
Kenji   09-14-2006, 09:30 AM
MacEachaidh Wrote:G'day Folks,
and thanks for the cheery welcome ! Big Grin

My name's very easy to say !! (if you speak the right language !! Wink)
I'm Australian-born, but my family is Gaelic (from the Hebrides, off the west coast of Scotland). My name here is my family name, and it's pronounced ma-KECH-ee, where the "CH" makes the sound like at the end of the Scottish word "loch", not like in "church". See ? Easy !!

Welcome to the board, MacEachaidh

Quote:But I've really come to these forums (fora?) because I've recently become a huge FPW fan. I read "Black Wind" quite a few years back and thought it was a great book, but somehow never followed up checking out other stuff the bloke had written. But now ... I've read through the Adversary Cycle back-to-back, thought the way he brought all the stories together at the end was fantastic, and have started reading Repairman Jack in sequence. Having a great time with them ! I've just started "The Haunted Air" last night.

Again, thanks for the welcomes.
dùrachdan (regards),
Bran

Yep, Black Wind is also my favorite one. Enjoy your "The Haunted Air"!
Sigokat   09-20-2006, 01:53 PM
I just got back from watching Pirates from the theater here on post and I must say the movie was great. I enjoyed it much more then the first one, however the ending...

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH (that's all I have to say and those of you who have seen it know what I mean)

AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5