Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
cobalt   07-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Kenji Wrote:Am I? Nah! I guess that some people thought like me. Big Grin

Put aside my bad joke, squid and octopus's tentacles are a good taste. It's true.Wink
Good tasting yes, as long as you cook them. I don't do sushi, hubby does. He spent several weeks at a time in Japan on buisiness trips. Cooked, squid and octopus are just fine with me.

EWMAN
wdg3rd   07-16-2006, 10:58 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:Good tasting yes, as long as you cook them. I don't do sushi, hubby does. He spent several weeks at a time in Japan on buisiness trips. Cooked, squid and octopus are just fine with me.
Been thinking of a new product. Jerky is popular and takes a while to chew through. Octopus is popular and takes a while to chew through. A piece of octopus jerky should keep a dieter happy through most of a day.

The trick with octopus and squid (and most other molluscs) is you cook it fast or you cook it long. Either less than a minute or more than a half hour. In between it's like gnawing on rubber tires.

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
Kenji   07-16-2006, 11:12 AM
wdg3rd Wrote:Been thinking of a new product. Jerky is popular and takes a while to chew through. Octopus is popular and takes a while to chew through. A piece of octopus jerky should keep a dieter happy through most of a day.

Squid jerky is popular in Japan. We call it "Surume Ika".

Ooookay! Now I got it! Why Davy Jones doesn't want to go ashore was he scared tentacles dry up and turn to squid jerky.:p Big Grin
Biggles   07-16-2006, 11:22 AM
jacobm Wrote:Keira Knightly was whiny.

And what's with her teeth? Her lowers were almost as crooked as my Pug's!

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Weatherford   07-16-2006, 03:23 PM
I was only somewhat looking forward to it (because of the length) but...

I LOVED IT!!!!

Of course, I hadn't seen any trailers, so EVERY cliche and surprise caught me - I don't know how many times I JUMPED in the movie theatre!! Johnny Depp reigns supreme (I saw him a few years ago on the Actor's Studio - great there, too) And I can stand to look at Orlando Blooom Wink.... And at least Kiera Knightly didn't SLOUCH the way she did in P & P (which drove me BATTY!!!)

Anyway, suspend all judgment and just let the fun catch you - and now, I, too, am looking forward to the third!

Big Grin
Ken Valentine   07-17-2006, 01:17 AM
Biggles Wrote:And what's with her teeth? Her lowers were almost as crooked as my Pug's!

That's cruel Biggles. Now I'm imagining a Pug with braces.

Ken V.
Ken Valentine   07-17-2006, 01:22 AM
Kenji Wrote:Am I? Nah! I guess that some people thought like me. Big Grin

Put aside my bad joke, squid and octopus's tentacles are a good taste. It's true.Wink

I know. Delicious!

When I read your post what popped into my mind was this horrible creature appearing on the screen, and Kenji thinking, "Your face is making me hungry."

I admit it . . . I have a weird mind.

Ken V.
Terry Willacker   07-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This was another one like XMen with an extra scene after all of the credits...actually my favorite scene in the movie.
cobalt   07-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Terry Willacker Wrote:This was another one like XMen with an extra scene after all of the credits...actually my favorite scene in the movie.
Oh no................you mean I missed another of those.......what was the scene?!!

EWMAN
Marc   07-17-2006, 01:53 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Oh no................you mean I missed another of those.......what was the scene?!!

Nothing too special... the dog was being worshipped as a God.
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5